The much anticipated IBPS SO Prelims 2017 is to be conducted on 30th & 31st December 2017 for the post of Specialist Officer in various departments viz. IT Officer, Marketing, HR and Agriculture Officer, etc. The first two shifts of the exam is already over. This year, IBPS has introduced new exam pattern in the SO exam, where additionally, IBPS SO Prelims is conducted. Only those who qualify in the Prelims will be eligible to appear for IBPS SO Main Exam.
This analysis will give you a detailed indepth knowledge about the questions that were asked in Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English Language of IBPS SO Prelims, also the marks distribution, types of questions, good attempts , difficulty level and weightage given to each topic of every section.[yop_poll id=”4″]
IBPS SO Prelims 2017 Exam pattern
The IBPS Clerk preliminary exam was conducted online and had 150 questions for a cumulative time of 120 minutes. Candidates have to deal with three sections
1. Reasoning Ability (50 Qs)
2. Quantitative Aptitude (50 Qs)
3. English Language (50 Qs)
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Level||Good attempts|
|Reasoning Ability||50||50||Easy to Moderate||35-38|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||Easy to Moderate||30-35|
|Total||150||125||Easy to Moderate||80-90|
IBPS SO Prelims 2017- English Language(Moderate)
1. Reading Comprehension – 15-20 Qs(Moderate-Difficult)
2 sets of Reading Comprehension were asked. There were no question based on vocabulary and the topics were –
1) Based on Bitcoin-Cryptocurrency
2) Related to Driver less Cars.
2. Error Detection– 10-12 Qs(Moderate)
Error detection was of both grammar and vocabulary.
3. Single Filler – 5 Qs(Easy-Moderate)
4. Phrase Replacement – 5-8 Qs(Tricky)
5. Cloze Test (New Pattern) -10 Qs (Moderate)
Cloze test asked was of new pattern. A number was assigned to (at the beginning of) various lines in a passage and 3-4 words were marked as bold. Candidates had to identify the one which doesn’t fit in the context or is probably misspelled. The passage of this question set was based on Future of Offline or Physical Shopping.
6. Sentence Rearrangement – 5 Qs(Easy-Moderate)
IBPS SO Prelims 2017- Reasoning Ability (Easy-Moderate)
1. Puzzles and Seating Arrangement -25-30 Qs (Moderate)
- Linear arrangement question(2 sets)
- Set 1 – Normal – 7 People (J, K, L , M, N, O and P) owned different cars – TATA, Toyota, Hyundai, Audi, Suzuki, BMW and Tesla.
- Set 2 – No. of people were not specified.
- Floor based puzzle (2 variables)
- Scheduling puzzle (2 variables)
- Box based puzzle (Arrangement)
- Circular arrangement (2 variables)
2. Syllogism – 5 Qs (Easy)
3. Inequalities– 5 Qs (Easy)
4. Data sufficiency – 5 Qs (Easy) based on Coding Decoding, Blood relations, Directions and Distances, Scheduling & Ordering and Ranking.
5. Logical Reasoning – 5 Qs (Easy)
6. Miscellaneous– 5 Qs(Easy)
IBPS SO Prelims 2017- Quantitative Aptitude
1. Data Interpretation– 20 Qs (Easy- Moderate)
- Line Graph – 5 Qs.
- Tabular Graph – 5 Qs. (Easy & non-calculative)
- Pie Chart – 5 Qs. (Easy & non-calculative)
- Caselet – 5 Qs.
2. Simplification(Approximation) – 5-8 Qs (Easy)
3. Number Series (Missing)– 5 Qs ( Moderate)
4. Inequality (Quadratic Equation)– 5 Qs ( Moderate)
5. Miscellaneous– 15 Qs(Easy- Moderate)
Questions were asked from average, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Discount, Problem on Ages,Ratio and Proportion,Time and Work,Probability,Boat and Stream, etc
WISHING YOU ALL THE LUCK FOR THE NEXT SHIFT
Please share how your exam was in the comments section.