The much anticipated IBPS SO Prelims 2017 is to be conducted on 30th & 31st December 2017 for the post of Specialist Officer in various departments viz. IT Officer, Marketing, HR and Agriculture Officer, etc. The first day of the exam is already over. Exam was conducted today as well for the post of Law/ Rajbhasha Adhikari. This year, IBPS has introduced new exam pattern in the SO exam, where additionally, IBPS SO Prelims is conducted. Only those who qualify in the Prelims will be eligible to appear for IBPS SO Main Exam.
This analysis will give you a detailed indepth knowledge about the questions that were asked in Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English Language of IBPS SO Prelims, also the marks distribution, types of questions, good attempts , difficulty level and weightage given to each topic of every section.[yop_poll id=”4″]
IBPS SO Prelims 2017 Exam pattern
The IBPS Clerk preliminary exam was conducted online and had 150 questions for a cumulative time of 120 minutes. Candidates have to deal with three sections
1. Reasoning Ability (50 Qs)
2. General Awareness (50 Qs)
3. English Language (50 Qs)
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Level||Good attempts|
|Reasoning Ability||50||50||Easy- Moderate||34-38|
IBPS SO Prelims 2017- English Language(Moderate)
1. Reading Comprehension – 15-20 Qs(Moderate-Difficult)
2 sets of Reading Comprehension were asked. Unlike previous shifts, there were question based on vocabulary . Synonyms-Antonyms were asked. There was one question where the meaning of the given idiom had to be identified.
- Based on corruption
- Related to Britain’s Economy
2. Error Detection– 5 Qs(Moderate)
A sentence was divided into 5 parts and one part of the sentence, which was correct was fixed. Students had to identify the correct part from the remaining options.
3. Double Filler – 5 Qs(Easy-Moderate)
Double filler questions were asked, where 2 separate sentences were given containing 1 blank each. Students had to select the correct word which would fill both the blanks appropriately.
4. Phrase Replacement – 5-8 Qs(Tricky)
5. Cloze Test -10 Qs (Moderate)
Questions were based on the pattern where 3 options contained the word that would fit, the 4th option was all fit and the 5th option was none fits.
6. Sentence Rearrangement – 5 Qs(Easy-Moderate)
The third sentence (C) was fixed and the remaining sentences of the given passage had to be rearranged.
IBPS SO Prelims 2017- Reasoning Ability (Easy-Moderate)
1. Puzzles and Seating Arrangement -20 Qs (Moderate)
- Linear arrangement question
- Floor based puzzle (2 variables)
- Scheduling puzzle (2 variables)
- Circular arrangement (2 variables)
2. Syllogism – 5 Qs (Easy)
3. Inequalities– 5 Qs (Easy)
4. Data sufficiency – 5 Qs (Easy) based on Coding Decoding, Blood relations, Directions and Distances, Scheduling & Ordering and Ranking.
5. Logical Reasoning – 5 Qs (Easy)
6. Blood Relation – 5 Qs (Easy)
7. Miscellaneous– 5 Qs(Easy)
IBPS SO Prelims 2017- General Awareness ( Moderate)
This section was of moderate level. Candidates who have done proper preparation can score well in this section. Current Affairs question dominated G.A. section and majority of current affairs were related to news of September-October. There were around 10 questions of Banking and 10 question of Static Awareness
WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR UPCOMING EXAM
Please share how your exam was in the comments section.