IndianOil Corporation Limited (IndianOil) is a transnational energy major and is the highest ranked Indian Company at 83rd Position in the Fortune’s prestigious ‘Global 500’ list. Through last five decades of relentless service to the nation, it has emerged as the largest business enterprise in India, with a turnover of more than Rs four lakh crores. IndianOil operates one of the Asia’s largest network refineries, pipelines and marketing touch points and owns some of the most trusted brands. Empowered with ‘Maharatna’ status, IndianOil is nurturing its vision to emerge as ‘Energy of India’. Besides securing the energy requirement of the country, Indianoil is well-known for providing exceptional career opportunities to energetic and dedicated professionally qualified Indian Nationals.
The eligibility criteria regarding prescribed educational qualification, age and other eligibility criteria and application procedure is mentioned below:
Minimum educational qualification for employment in above mentioned positions are:
- Candidates has to be from the following engineering disciplines:
- Civil Engineering (excluding Construction/ Environmental/ Transportation Engineering)
- Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals Engineering)
- Computer Science & Information Technology ( excluding information & communications Technology)
- Electrical Engineering ( including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/ Telecommunication engineering)
- Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication engineering/Telecommunication engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering (excluding Production/ Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering)
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology (full time regular courses only) from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
- Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (non- creamy layer) categories, should have secured minimum 65% marks in qualifying degree examinations. It is relaxed to ‘pass’ for Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) /People With Disability (PWD) candidates.
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply.
- For candidates pursuing/ completed M.Tech in any disciplines or being eligible, they must have completed their BE/ B.Tech in one of the above disciplines and must take GATE-of current year examination in the discipline of their B.Tech. For example, if a candidate is pursuing his M.Tech in Artificial Intelligence and if he did his B. Tech was in Computer Science & Information Technology (which is one of the disciplines advertised by IndianOil), he will be eligible, if he writes GATE-of current year in Computer Sc & Information Technology. On the contrary, if the same candidate had done his BE/B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering, he will not be eligible.
- Integrated ME/ M.Tech candidates will be eligible, if they have already completed the course requirement for awarding BE/ B.Tech in one of the disciplines advertised above and will be completing their ME/ M.Tech in of current year. At the end of the programme, if selected in IndianOil, such candidates must have both BE/B.Tech and ME/M.Tech degree.
- Candidates pursuing their graduation (BE/B.Tech) in combined disciplines like Mechatronics etc will not be eligible.
v Age Limit
Maximum 26 years as on 30th June, of current year for the general category candidates. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directive.
v Concessions/ Relaxations
- Reservation of posts for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ PWD (degree of disability 40% or above) will be maintained as per Government of India directives.
- Age relaxation to OBC (non-creamy layer), SC/ST and PWD candidates will be extended as per the Presidential Directive. For getting the reservation benefits under OBC category:
- The name of caste and community of the candidate must appear in the ’Central list of other Backward Classes’
- The candidates must not belong to creamy layer.
- The candidates need to furnish their OBC certificate as per the format prescribed by Government of India and it must not be more that 6 months old.
- Age relaxation by 5 years for candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989.
- Age relaxation by 5 years for Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs / SSCOs) subject to rendering minimum 5 years’ military service and fulfillment of other conditions prescribed by Government of India.
- Minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination is relaxed to ‘pass class’ for SC/ST/PWD category candidates.
Desirous candidates seeking employment with IndianOil needs to be medically fit as per IndianOil’s pre-employment medical standard. Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical Examination’ before they commence the application process.
The guidelines are available in the following link:
Selection, Training and Placement
The selection methodology will comprise of the following:
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineers (GATE) of current year score of the candidates in the concerned disciplines. The graduate engineers from the relevant disciplines, desirous of taking up a career with IndianOil are required to appear in GATE-of current year in the same disciplines.
- On the basis of GATE-of current year score, the candidates will be short listed for further selection process.
- Group Discussion / Group Task
- Personal Interview for assessment of different facets of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude.
Please note that only GATE of current year score is valid for this recruitment exercise in IndianOil under this advertisement. GATE score of that year or scores prior any previous GATE examination is not valid.
Tell us Your Queries, Suggestions and Feedback