Himachal Pradesh Combined Management Aptitude Test is abbreviated as HPCMAT. This entrance exam is conducted for the admission of selected candidates to all the Institutions affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University for MBA courses . The management aptitude test (MAT) is conducted at Himachal Pradesh University by Institute of Management Studies on behalf of the Department of Technical Education by Government of Himachal Pradesh.
The Institutions affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University conducts the management aptitude test at various centers across the state and after the entrance exam the final selection of the candidates is based on the performances of the candidates in the group discussion and personal interview. Only the students qualified in entrance exam are called for the next round conducted by the institute.
Eligibility: A candidate must have a 3 years bachelor degree or equivalent from a recognized institute with at least 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA. Candidates in their final year of graduation are also eligible . Applying candidates should not be more than 26 years of age as on 1st July, 2013.
HP CMAT Exam Pattern :
Total number of Questions: 200
Time Duration: 180 minutes.
The question paper consists of four sections each carries 50 marks. The four sections are:
- English comprehension
- Data Interpretation
- Business Environment
|Sr.No||Section Names||No. of Questions|
|4||Arithmetic Comprehension & Data Interpretation||50|
HP CMAT Syllabus : –
HPCMAT conducts test in order to prepare students in the appropriate field before admitting them in Management program. It test the aptitude of the candidates. So for HPCMAT Exam the candidate must prepare Reasoning, Business Environment, English Comprehension and Data Interpretation as well as Arithmetic Comprehension. From these sections only questions are based in HPCMAT exam.
I. Syllabus for English Comprehension:
This section is used to check the verbal ability of the candidates. It test the extend to which the candidates is comfortable as well as capable of understanding the language. This section includes:
- Comprehension of passage (Poems can also come)
- Verbal Reasoning,
- Contextual usage,
- Fill In the Blanks,
- Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences,
- Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed),
- Sentence Correction,
- Foreign language words used in English,
- Sentence completion,
- Sentence correction,
- Odd man out,
- One word substitution,
- Different usage of same word etc.
II. Syllabus for Reasoning:
This part of the question generally aims at testing the reasoning capability of the candidate. This section includes:
- Number and Letter Series,
- Clocks, Venn Diagrams,
- Logical Connectives,
- Seating Arrangement,
- Logical Sequence,
- Binary Logic,
- Logical Matching Blood Relations.
III. Syllabus for Business Environment:
This section questions are designed to test candidates general sense and capability in understanding business.
IV. Syllabus for Data Interpretation and Arithmetic Comprehension:
This segment of the question paper is designed to test the ability of the candidate in analyzing a given data . This section includes:
•Data Interpretation based on text, graphs and tables.
•Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn diagram, etc.
•Geometry (Lines, Angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone, etc.)
•Ratios and Proportion,
•In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra,
•Work and time,
•Number system etc.
- Clear you basic Mathematical Concepts and the best way to do that is to solve Class 10th and 12th Math problems or use some specific study material. Also try to remember as many formulas as possible. Learn formulas by writing and not mugging up as we tend to remember the written things for long.
- Increase your speed and accuracy. For this solve as many sample papers and take as many mock tests as possible and observe the time taken to solve each section.
- Solve lots of puzzles / quizzes to improve your reasoning and analytical skills
- Prepare a time table and allot time to each subject / topic .
You can also download the syllabus in PDF form.
Click here to download: HP CMAT Syllabus
Readers can give their suggestions / feedbacks in the given below comment section to improve the article.