MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test, is one of the most popular competitive Management Entrance Exams among MBA aspirants in order to take admission in various good B schools across country. MAT Entrance Exam held every year by the All India Management Aptitude Testing Service, New Delhi. This is an entrance exam for MBA which is approved as a national-level test by the Government of India’s Ministry of HRD in 2003. Thus, its score card is valid for admission in best MBA colleges at national and international level.
Cracking Management Aptitude Test(MAT) means the golden opportunity to get place in some of the best institutes for MBA across the globe has been opened. It is one of the largest tests of the nation which will continue a path to get over 600 B-Schools across India.MAT Entrance Exam is for the students willing to take admission in Post Graduate Diploma in Management and equivalent MBA programs offered by various participating MBA institutes. MAT Exam is conducted every year in the month of September.
MAT Entrance Exam Pattern
Every candidate can choose either Paper Based Test or Computer Based Test as per their convenience. This entrance exam for MBA is a 2 hours and 30 minutes of duration. The paper consist of five including MCQ type sections namely
- Language Comprehension
- Mathematical Skills
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Indian and Global Environment
But mainly focus is given on the first four sections of MAT Entrance Exam. However, the scores of the Indian and Global Environment section is not considered by the B-schools. Their is no negative marking in this exam.
Eligibility for MAT Entrance Exam
- The required qualification for appearing in MAT Entrance Exam is graduation in any discipline from any recognized University.
- A final year student in any undergraduate stream can also apply.
Modes to apply
- Candidate can obtain MAT Bulletin from SBI by cash payment.
- Register online at AIMA website with Credit Card payment.
Students can obtain their admit cards from AIMA website a week before exam for both computer based exam or paper based exam.
Preparation Tips for MAT Entrance Exam
In order to prepare MAT Entrance Exam one should maintain a timetable which helps to allocate proper time in the best way as possible. As MAT is a entrance exam for MBA, thus its a knowledge-based test which require a proper strategy. By reading daily newspapers and magazines one can improve vocabulary in English and also by watching English news channels etc.
Preparation for any entrance examination is incomplete without practicing mock tests.Mock test give a quick result of ones performance which gives a true picture.Management Aptitude Test is the entrance exam for MBA conducted by AIMA, which is compulsory required to be cleared to get admission in the Top B-schools across the country.
Some of most famous B-Schools that take participation in MAT Exam
- KIIT University: Fee Structure for MBA Course: Rs. 8,00,000/-
- Amity University, Noida :Fee Structure for MBA Course:Rs. 6,12,000/-
- Galgotias Business School: Fee Structure for MBA Course: Rs. 1,07,750/-
- Flame School of Business, Pune :Fee Structure for MBA Course:Rs. 5,32,000/-
- Acharya Bangalore B-School, Bangalore : Fee Structure for MBA Course:Rs. 3,32,000/-
- VIT University, Vellore: Fee Structure for MBA Course:Rs.2,17,000/-
- Assam University, Silchar :Fee Structure for MBA Course:Rs. 5,00,000/-
- Indus Business Academy, Bangalore: Fee Structure for MBA Course:Rs. 4,52,000/-
- Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata : Fee Structure for MBA Course:Rs. 5,32,000/-
- Indian School of Social Welfare and Business Management, Kolkata : Fee Structure for MBA Course: Rs. 5,40,000/-