Varanasi has the great importance in India not only for its Mythological value but also for the culture of education. From the ancient time Varanasi has done a great contribution in medical science history of India specially in the field of Ayurveda. In this article I am going write about some medical colleges in Varanasi.
So here is some name of the Top medical colleges in Varanasi
- Institute of Medical Sciences BHU
- Sampurnanand Sanskrit Vishvavidyalaya
Institute of Medical Sciences BHU:
This institute was established in year 1960 and named ‘College of Medical Sciences’ then 1971 it was upgraded to ‘Institute of medical Sciences’. Today it has 10 Super-specialties departments, four dentistry Departments , eleven Ayurveda Departments and a school of Nursing ,overall 33 departments are in services.’ India Today’ has ranked this college #18 among the medical colleges in India and ‘Outlook India’ has also ranked this college #13.
- Faculty of Medicine: MBBS (84 students) , MD/MS (134 seats in 22 subjects), DM/ MCh (17 seats in 10 subjects), MSc in Health Statistics (10 seats) and PhD in all the subjects.
- The Faculty of Ayurveda: imparts courses of BAMS (78 seats), MD/MS(Ay) (39 seats) and PhD in all Ayurveda subjects.
- The Faculty of Dental Sciences: B.D.S (38 seats) and M.D.S. in Prosthodontics, Operative Dentistry and Orthodontics(one Seat each). B.Sc (Nursing) course is also offered (60 seats) at College of Nursing.
For MBBS and BAMS:
- Passed Intermediate Science/Pre-Medical Course or
- 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together.
- Need to clear all India PMT SCREENING and PMT MAIN
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination may also apply and age must be between 17 years to 25 years .
For MD/MS: Candidates who have passed MBBS course recognized by the Medical Council of India and completed one year internship training are eligible to appear in the entrance examination.
Contact Details: Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University , Varanasi – 221005
Tel: +91 542 2369980 ,+91 542 6703248
Sampurnanand Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya (Aayurveda Mahavidyalaya):
This college has very good reputation in the field of Sanskrit language teaching . Apart from Sanskrit practice this college has one department of ‘Ayurveda’ . This college offered some Undergraduate program or BAMS degree in the field of Ayurveda.
They offered 5 1/2 -year bachelor’s degree course and the courses are
- Kayachikitsa Tantra (Internal Medicine)
- Shalya Tantra (Surgery)
- Shalakya Tantra (ENT)
- Kaumarabhritya Tantra (Pediatrics)
- Agada Tantra (Toxicology)
- Bajikarana Tantra (Purification of the Genetic organs)
- Rasayana Tantra (Health and Longevity)
Candidates should have passed 10+2 examination in Physics Chemistry Biology and English with 50% (45% for SC/ST) of marks from a recognized board of examination.
- Selection is based on UP Combined Pre Medical Entrance Test (UPCPMT). All India PMT rank holder are also eligible.
Contact Details: Sampurnanand Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya , Varanasi , Uttar Pradesh India – 221002
Tel: 0542-203961 2314546 2206617
Except these colleges Varanasi has some more Institutions of Ayurveda where you can do practice of medicine of Ayurveda. Those colleges are not so much renowned.
If you have any query or any suggestion regarding this article then please feel free to share it with us in the given below comment box.