Who are Banco Santander:
Banco Santander are of the most famous Spain based commercial bank.this Company is operating in Spain,they are also in the United Kingdom, even in Portugal,in the Latin American countries and also in the United States. It is operating in four segments:
1.Continental Europe, 2.the United Kingdom, 3.Latin America and 4.Sovereign. Continental Europe segments are covering all retail banking segments across many countries.
The United Kingdom includes all retail and even all wholesale banking,it assets management and insurance dealing. Latin America includes most of the specialized units in Santander Private Banking,it also works as an independent unit, globally managed by well managed and bankers. Sovereign are including all the financial activities,that are of its subsidiary in Sovereign Bank, in the United States, which includes most retail and wholesale banking,it is assessting management and insurance business.
On May 3, 2013, Banco Santander merged with Banco Espanol de Credito SA.
History of emergence of Banco Santander:
Banco Santander merged with the company Banco Central Hispano in the year 1999, which was in turn had been formed through the merger ,that took place in the year 1991, of Banco Central and Banco Hispanoamericano. The mergence that created the combined bank, also known as Banco Santander Central Hispano, or popularly as BSCH, was designed to become a “merger of equals” in which the top executives of the two pre-existing firms would be sharing the control of the merged entity. Soon after, the merger former BCH executives, as accused chairman of Banco Santander Emilio Botín.who was trying to push his own agenda, and threatened to take some legal action against him.After the post-merger squabbling, it was resolved as in when BCH executives Jose Amusátegui and Angel Corcóstegui agreed upon to accept severance payments, to retire and to relinquish the control to Mr. Botín, at an expense to shareholders that amounted to €164M.
Working with the Banco Santander:
At Banco Santander their moto is to choose the best candidate, whose profile suits the most.The main goal of the company is to familiarize the candidate with what the main goal of the company is and what are they seeking in their candidates. Applications are submitted at their official site, so the most important job for the candidate is to regularly view the site for their listing, after online logging of the CV.
If the candidate is selected then they would go for many rounds, including
3.and other analysis according to the requirements of the company.
Interview questions at Banco Santander:
After the candidate has been selected, after the logging on the official site. Then the candidate is called for the interview process at various branches. The candidates can apply for any branch of their choice at the official site. later for the procedure the officials will inform the candidates at the place of interview.
Here some in interview questions for the benefit of candidates:
1.Tell me about yourself?
2. Why would you want to work for Banco Santander Bank?
3. Of all the banks in the area, what made you choose our bank to apply to?
4. Who are our major competitors you are aware of, and what are the differences do you notice in our banking products?
5. Do you know anyone who is working for Banco Santander Bank?
6. Explain in your own words, how you would be an asset to Banco Santander Bank?
7. What do you know about our Banco Santander Bank?
8. Why quality you should posses, such that Banco Santander Bank hires you?
9. What can you do for our company?
10. How would your past experience translate into success of this job?
11. What can you do, inorder that Banco Santander Banks other candidates can’t?
12. Please tell me some products or services of Banco Santander Bank in the market? What are likes or dislikes of them?
13. If you worked for Banco Santander Bank, what are you doing in here?
14. Please tell me some products or services that are competitors of Banco Santander Bank’s in the market?
15. What did you like or dislike about your previous job you worked for?
16. What have you learned from your mistakes?
17. If you were hiring a person for this job, what would you look for in that person?
18. What problems have you encountered at work?