Sample Paper for DBMS
Database Management System
Here we have designed sample paper for DBMS i.e Data base Management system , these questions may be useful for not only semester exams but also during Interview for various other related exams
Note: Attempt any five questions.
1. Define Database Management System.What are the advantages of DBMS over traditional file processing system? Kindly Explain.
Ans:DBMS is a software package designes to define,manipulate,retrieve and manage data in a database. A true DBMS offers more flexibility,faster response and multiple access over the traditional file processing system.
2. Discuss the various constructs used in ER diagram in DBMS,giving suitable example.
Ans: Entity relationship(ER) diagrams are widely used in database design and system analysis to represent system or problem domains.It is a graphical representation of a conceptual structure of a program domain being modeled.
3. Define B-trees.How insertion and deletion is made in B-trees.Explain.
Ans: A B-tree is a specialized multiway tree designed especially for use in disk.Each node in a B-tree can contain any number of keys.Insertion and deletion of a node is done with the help of algorithms.
4. What do you mean by well formed formula with relation to DBMS?
Ans: A well formed formula(WFF) is recursively defined to be one of the following:
i)Every atom is a WFF.
ii)If f is a WFF, so is -f and (f).
5. What are the problems of a bad database design?
Ans: The database are normally stored on a disk.When the database designs are bad,then it leads to longer read times.
6. What are the features of a Object Oriented Database Management System? Please do not try to Explain in details.
Ans: An OODBMS is the result of combining object oriented programming principles with database management principles.Its features are:
Complex objects,Types and classes,Extensibility.
7. Define concurrency in context to DBMS.What are the various methods of handling concurrency?
Ans:It is a property in which several computations are executed simultaneously and potentially interacting with each other.
8. Define Recovery.What is the need of performing recovery?
Ans: It is the process of salvaging data from damaged, failed, inaccessible storage media when it cannot be accessed normally.
« Sample Question Paper of Analog Communication And Modulation Sample Paper for Digital Electronics »
Tell us Your Queries, Suggestions and Feedback