Symbiosis National Aptitude Test is considered to be a tough as well as a mandatory written exam which is carried out for taking admission into various post graduate management courses offered by Symbiosis International University (SIU) in Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) & other 17 reputed institutions in India. A candidate who will qualify the written exam has to undergo selection processes for admission into the institutes offering the post graduation programs.
Eligibility: To apply for SNAP general candidates must have at least 50% marks in their graduation and for ST and SC minimum 45% marks is needed. Final year students can also apply for provisional admission. The candidate should have completed 21 years of age and needs to be a citizen of India.
SNAP Exam Pattern & Format:
SNAP Test is an objective test.
Total number of Questions: 180
Time Duration: 120 minutes.
Correct attempt: 4 marks for each correct answer
Incorrect attempt: Each wrong answer attracts 25%negative marks
Candidate must use Blue or Black ball point pen only.
SNAP Test Structure:
|Sr. No.||Sections||Total Marks|
|1||General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||40|
|2||Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||40|
|3||General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario||40|
|4||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||60|
SNAP test is basically an objective test and this exam generally occurs in the month of December. This exam consists of following 4 sections:
- General English
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- Logical Reasoning
I. Syllabus for General English :
This section aims at testing the knowledge of candidates for usage of words , secondary shades of meaning, phrases, related words etc. This section includes:
- Reading comprehension
- Verbal ability
- Sentence completion
II. Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude:
This segment of the paper deals with logical, tricky form of aptitude problems. This section essentially tests the candidates ability to deal with aptitude problems. This segment includes:
- Data sufficiency
- Time and distance
- Relationship between numbers
- Basic mathematical relations and formula
- Data interpretation
III. Syllabus for General Awareness:
This section analysis the knowledge of candidates related with the current events and also knowledge in other general fields . This includes:
- Current affairs
- Business scenario
- General knowledge
- Social scenario of India and other countries of the world
- Economic condition of India and other countries
IV. Syllabus for Logical Reasoning:
This section of the question paper tests the candidate’s ability to determine the fact behind any conclusion based on certain rules. This section includes:
- Arithmetic reasoning
- Relationship concept
- Arithmetic number series
- Verbal and figure classification
- Space visualization
- Prepare a time table and allot time to each subject / topic .
- Increase your speed and accuracy. For this solve as many sample papers and take as many mock tests as possible and observe the time taken to solve each section.
- Solve lots of puzzles / quizzes to improve your reasoning and analytical skills.
- Clear you basic Mathematical Concepts and the best way to do that is to solve Class 10th and 12th Math problems or use some specific study material. Also try to remember as many formulas as possible. Learn formulas by writing and not mugging up as we tend to remember the written things for long.
You can also download the syllabus in PDF form.
Click here to download: Syllabus of Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
Readers can give their suggestions / feedbacks in the given below comment section to improve the article.