IAS Coaching Centres are in various cities of India. Make your choice after you have enquired from the students who have taken guidance from there. We hope the list of IAS academies will help you to find the best IAS academy in Kalighat, Kolkata. There are coaching centres that also provide training through distance mode. They work like correspondence course and provide notes and other study material. They also guide you how to make your own notes. However, you may first try IAS coaching centres that function physically and are near to your home. In case if you have little option then better try the distance education mode for IAS training.
How to choose best coaching centre for you
1. It is better for you to check out the old and well established coaching centres rather than enrolling directly for the new and upcoming centres.
2. Find out if the coaching centre hires new people very now and then or has a pool of experienced and long standing faculty
3. Most institutes have excellent teachers for one subject, but fail in other subjects. Make sure you check out the faculty of all subjects before enrolling
4. Observe and notice details such as study material and infrastructure of the coaching centre before enrolling
5. You can always look up for the past results of the coaching centre using google or the internet
6. Verify these results based on the past few years only. The exam pattern keeps changing every few years and some coaching centres try to adapt to these changes and make a change in their curriculum and teaching methods.
7. Also, make sure you compare the fees of different academies before choosing one
8. Try to gain feedback from previous or ongoing students. This will be honest and will provide you a better idea about the coaching centre.
9. Ensure that the coaching centre also pays attention to Current affairs and General Knowledge. If they do not include it in their curriculum, find out if they take extra classes or sessions to cover it.
10. Lastly, ensure that the coaching centre does not take up your full time. Keep some time aside to be able to revise by self and do some self study.
TOP IAS COACHING CENTRES IN KALIGHAT, KOLKATA
1. IMPULSE INSTITUTE
Impulse Institute was founded only to train students for the Civil Services Examination. It aims at creating truthful and successful Civil Servants.
According to them, “In the Civil Service, no one can guarantee success but only deserves, So COME OUT AND PLAY.”
They have four main courses. Admissions to these four courses are on personal interview basis of the candidate. They follow the motto: “Because ignorance from the part of a candidate is not an impediment to our effort, but non-seriousness is.”
a. UPSC CIVIL SERVICES: This course lasts for 10-12 months. They cover all topics and modules in the time period. This is a longer version of the preparation.
b. INTERVIEW GUIDANCE: This course aims at helping the student gain confidence in the interview round. They identify the strengths and weaknesses of the candidate and help him/her to better. This course extends for a month.
c. TEST SERIES: This course is best suited for students who want just practice of tests rather than teaching or doubts clarification. This course consists of 16 tests with discussions and corrections.
d. WEEKEND BATCH: This course is best suited for students who are unable to attend IAS preparation classes in the weekday. This course teaches and covers all modules in the entire syllabus. It is run for a period of 10-12 months.
Address: 1/1B Hazra Road, Kolkata-700026
Contact info: +91 9903582403
2. JOYDEB SIR CLASSES
This coaching centre is under the guidance of Joydeb Sir. He is a very reputed teacher.
The Joydeb Sir Classes is one of the India’s well-known Institute preparing candidates for the Civil Services Examination at all the three levels – Preliminary Test, Main Examination and Personality Test. Since its beginning, the Institute has helped students to enter the Civil Services including I.A.S., I.F.S., I.P.S. and other Central Services. The teaching faculty is highly experienced.
Each subject has around two to three teachers. They also teach General studies and have six teachers for the subject. Not every student can understand and know what exactly need sto be studied and what needs to be focused on. For this, Joydeb classes specialise in faculties who can teach the student the correct approach.
They have been following and striving to improve upon our system of guidance in such a way that it would bring out the best in a candidate so that he could compete successfully in the Civil Services Examination.
Each of their programs have around 150-200 classroom sessions. They provide excellent study material in all modules.
Address: Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rd, Lake Market, Kalighat, Kolkata, West Bengal 700026
Contact info: 9038874753
3. KAVISH IAS INSTITUTE
Kavish IAS is the best IAS Coaching in Kolkata and trusted name for “Converting Possibilities” into reality of IAS. It is the best institute in City having supervision of qualified faculties of India. Their main objective is to create better learning environment for students and provide them in-depth knowledge which is required for cracking civil services examination.
They have divided the syllabus into modules. These modules make it easier for the student to learn and revise rather than doing an entire subject together. They provide excellent study material which is very helpful and has received great feedback from previous students.
Some salient features are experienced faculties, unlimited revisions, and student friendly course.
Address: 1st Floor, CL Bhawan, 56/2 Hazra Road, Dover Terrace, Ballygunge, Kolkata-700019
Contact info: +91 8017756589 / +91 8789245158
4. APTI PLUS ACADEMY
APTI PLUS Academy is one of the foremost coaching centers in India. It provides Foundation Courses, Distance Learning Programs and Mock Test series among other options. It has a rating of 4.6/5 by Google.
A few Google reviews:
“Best IAS and OAS institute in Kolkata. Genuine faculty with updated materials. Online platform is also available. Daily basis current affairs analysis with The Hindu editorial video classes. Monthly Magazine and Answer writing practice. We are getting quality leave preparation.”
“Apti Plus Academy is one of the best Institutes in Eastern India when it comes to preparation for UPSC Civil Service Exam. Everyone ranging from staff to faculties. The faculties have deep knowledge of the subject that they teach. Study Notes are well prepared by the experts. The Institute is reputed for producing successful candidates in the top positions in the Civil Service Exam.”
Address: Room No. 302, 3rd Floor, Elgin Chambers, 1A, Ashutosh Mukherjee Rd, Kolkata, West Bengal 700020
Contact info: 081007 65577
We hope this will help you in choosing the best IAS coaching centre in your area. Remember, Remember, these coaching centres are only meant to train you. They can guide you what to read and how to read. But it is upon you, to better your skills to your best potential. Take their help only in areas that you need doubt clarification or extra focus.