One of the most respectful fields of education is medicine. It has been in demand since this course was introduced. But to find the right institution to pursue this degree there is a need to make a tough evaluation of various colleges on different parameters. Chandigarh is one of those places to have few but best medical colleges. The colleges have lesser fees as compared to the other medical colleges of India.Here in this article the top medical colleges in Chandigarh has been listed and their details are provided.[put_wpgm id=286]
1. POST GRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH: PGIMER is affiliated to Punjab university and was established in the year 1962. The PGIMER was also given the responsibility to broaden the horizons of medical knowledge by intensive research in the field of health.
- Admission criteria: On the basis of test conducted by the institute.
- Fees: INR 2-4 lakhs
- Contact details: Sector-12 Chandigarh PIN- 160012, 0091-172-2746018
- Admission criteria: on the basis of the state wise entrance test.
- Fees: INR 3,50000
- Contact details: Govt Medical College, Sector 35-D,Chandigarh, 160035, 0172 266 5253
Homoeopathic Medical College was established in 1974. The college is a self-financed institution and affiliated to Punjab University.
- Admission criteria: direct admission after completing 10+ 2 by appearing in the college entrance test.
- Fees: INR 35000
- Contact details: M-671 Sector 26,Chandigarh, Punjab, India, 0172 – 2791760
- Admission criteria: As per college selection norms AFMC test
- Fees: INR 1000( per month, tuition fees)
- Contact details: Western Command, Chandi mandir, Chandigarh
5) CHITKARA SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES: This institute provides degree in the field of health science and is one of the best institutes of post graduate management degree. It is a self financing privately owned institution.
- Admission criteria: through the test conducted by the institute.
- Fees: INR 96,000( per year)
- Contact details: SCO 160-161,Sector 9C,Pincode:160009 Chandigarh, 91-172-4691800
6. GURU GOBIND SINGH COLLEGE FOR WOMEN: Guru Gobind Singh College for Women (GGSCFW), Chandigarh was established in 1973. This is a co-educational institution and has grown into a premier institution in the field of education for Women.
- Admission criteria: selection as per university norms.
- Fees: INR 92961(per year)
- Contact details: Sector 26, Chandigarh, India, Contact No: 0172-2792757
7. SHIVALIK INSTITUTE OF PARAMEDICAL TECHNOLOGY: This institute provides undergraduate degree in paramedical course. Shivalik Institute of Paramedical Technology (SIPT), Chandigarh is continuously and consistently engaged in Imparting Quality Education to meet the skill full requirement in the technical and professional field by strengthening the academic field by developing the mental ability and providing the force to achieve the successful career.
- Admission criteria: on the basis of university admission test.
- Fees: INR 18000 per year
- Contact details: 781/1, Gobindpura, Chopra Hospital , Opp. Kalagram On Modern Complex Road, Manimajra, Chandigarh, Punjab, India – 160101