Civil services Examination(P),2013
Union Public Service Commission has issued the notification for the Civil Services Examination(Preliminary),2013 on 05-03-2013.The last date of submition this online application is 04-04-2013.Union Public Service Commission conducts this examination for various posts. The Preliminary Examination will be conducted on 25-03-2013(Tentatively).Only Qualified candidates in preliminary examination will be eligible for the main examination.
1. Candidate must be Indian citizen for IAS and IPS.
2. Candidate must be Indian citizen or subject of Nepal or subject of Bhutan or Tibetan Refugee or From Indian origin for other services.
3. Candidate must be graduate from any university approved of authorized by Government of India.
4. Candidate must be age of between 21 years and 30 years as on August,1,2013 only for general candidates, relaxation will be given to SC, ST and OBC candidate as per the UPSC rules & Regulations.
5. Maximum no. of attempts for general candidates is 4.The relaxation will be provided to SC, ST & OBC candidates in no. of attempt
Plan of Examination –
Examination will be conducted in two phases –
- The First phase of the examination (Preliminary) will be consists of objective type questions. The preliminary Examination will be consists of two compulsory papers. Each paper will be of 200 marks and duration of each paper will be two hours.
Syllabus of Preliminary Examination-
Paper-1 – General Knowledge regarding the Indian History, World history, World Geography, Indian Geography, Indian Constitution, World Economy, Indian Economy, awareness about the incidents occurred around us related to the world & country etc. ,and awareness which is expected to have of matriculation level.
Paper-2 – Arithmetic Ability, Mental Ability, English Comprehension, Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Decision Making ability and other interpersonal ability which is supposed to have by candidate without special study.
- The second phase of the examination will consists of Written Examination(conventional Type) & interview.
There will be 7 papers will be conducted in written examination 4 papers regarding the General Study,2 papers regarding the Essay Writing and English passage writing,2 papers regarding the Optional Subject Paper.
Only qualified candidates in the main examination will be called for the interview.
The final selection of the candidate will be based on merit. Merit will be decided basis on the marks gained by the candidates(after giving the reservation wattage).