UPSC Statistics Books
Statistics is most likely a decent subject to pick as an optional subject for UPSC IAS mains exam, however, it will rely on upon aspirant’s interest. The syllabus of statistics for UPSC IAS Mains exam includes varied elements. The aspirants need to do intensive practicing and wide reading for preparing this paper.
We have compiled for you a list of IAS books for Statistics to help you in your preparation for the IAS and other services under the UPSC. so it helps to know the best reference books for the IAS exam.
Best Book Of Statistics Optional for UPSC Exam
- An Introduction to Probability Theory & Mathematical Statistics -V K Rohtagi
- An Outline of Statistical Theory (2 Vol.) -A M Goon, M K Gupta, and B.Dass Gupta
- Fundamentals of Applied Statistics-S C Gupta and V K Kapoor
- Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics-A C Gupta and V K Kapoor
- Fundamentals of Statistics (2 Vol.)- A M Goon, M K Gupta, and B Dass Gupta
- Introductory Probability and Statistical Applications – Paul Meyer
- Sampling Techniques-William G. Cochran
- Sampling Theory of Surveys with applications – B. V Sukhatme & B V Sukhatme