All India Management Association (AIMA) :
What is AIMA??
The All India Management Association (AIMA) was infrastructured as a crème authority of professional management with enthusiastic help of the Government of India and Industry approximately in the 1950s. AIMA is a group of a body which has the mission and the vision to inculcate management thoughts in the country, a council to develop a national managing values and a configuration that facilitates the ahead-ness of the management bunch in the country.
AIMA is interpreted on a number of decorum devicing bodies of the Government of India and a number of National bodies or council. Some important ones are as under:
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), which is the central regulatory body for professional education in the country under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), Government of India.
- Council of Institute of Applied Manpower Research
- Boards of Governors, Indian Institutes of Management (Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Indore, Kozikode, Kashipur, Udaipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Tiruchirapalli and Raipur)
- Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi
- National Productivity Council, New Delhi
- Central Direct Taxes Advisory Committee.
AIMA is recently adopted by the Government on Specialized Committees. AIMA attends to maintain close relationship with a number of overseas managerial institutions like the American Management Association, Chartered Institute of Management (UK), all the National Management Organizations in the Asia Pacific Region and St Gallen University of Switzerland among others.
The accreditation drafts of AIMA are:
- Accredited Management Teacher (AMT)
- Training the Trainer (TTT)
AIMA has envisaged and hosted several national level tests and evaluation program along with advocation from many AICTE approved universities and institutions.
The few Famous Aptitude tests being pioneered by AIMA are:
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- Management Aptitude and Skills Test (MAST)
- Research Management Aptitude Test (RMAT)
- Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT)
Progress of AIMA :
Off late, AIMA is putting in efforts for a technical guide to shape its position in the future. Boston Consulting Group (BCG) was authorized to conduct a study on the disputes faced by AIMA. As per the BCG researches, the organization required to build a determined object proposal, enhance a brand collaboration and ellaborate the terms between AIMA and the local management associations. After the approval of the recommendations by the AIMA council, the organization will devote to the brand and core product proposals . As per the BCG advice , AIMA should empower its original products,move some offerings to local management associations and cease the non-core areas. Thus AIMA is expected to have a long way to go with providing new dimensions to the sphere of Management and Aptitude Skills.
Hence if interested to communicate and be a part of AIMA, these are the few contact centers:
- Management House
14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003, India
011 – 24645100 / 011 – 24617354 / 011 – 43128100
Fax: 011- 24626689
- Andhra Association Building, 4th Floor, 24-25 Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003.
011- 43128100 / 011-24645100
- All India Management Association
1403-1404, 14th Floor, Prestige Meredian II, 30 MG road, Bangalore-560001, India
080 – 41654481 / 080 – 41654482
Fax: 080 – 41654481
Hope this stands as a fruitful informative one for you.