BRITISH COUNCIL OR IDP ?WHOM TO CHOOSE FOR IELTS?
BRITISH COUNCIL OR IDP ?WHOM TO CHOOSE FOR IELTS?-This is again a question that arises in the mind of students who are interested for appearing for IELTS. Whom to choose for giving IELTS.?
Well basically there is no major difference between British Council or IDP be it the examiners or the markings… Both are the ones organizing IELTS tests along with Cambridge English Language Assessment. That means they all are in the same team.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF IELTS
Both the organizations that is British Council and IDP conduct the IELTS tests but they do not write them instead it is done by the Cambridge English Language Assessment hence as a student from both you will get to answer same tests.
- WHICH IS EASIER TOEFL OR IELTS?
- HOW TO SCORE GOOD FOR IELTS AND PREPARATION?
- WHAT IS IELTS TEST PATTERN?
- WHAT IS IELTS TEST AND ITS PURPOSE
THE MARKING SYSTEM AND EXAMINERS AT BRITISH COUNCIL & IDP
At both British Council and IDP the examiners are trained in the same way and they also follow the same guidelines as well. The same guidelines is also followed for the marking systems in the test.
For reading and listening tests the answers are marked very precisely that is either the answer is right or is wrong. If your answer is right then you score and then the total is calculated based on the right answers given.
For writing and speaking tests all the examiners whether from British Council or IDP follow the same guidelines and marking system along with the same band score system as well.
British Council is british whereas IDP is Australian and both use different accents .The examiner could be from anywhere using any of the ascents and the students for speaking section can use any ascent to answer.
HOW WOULD YOU FINALIZE ON CHOOSING BRITISH COUNCIL OR IDP?
For this to finalize let’s consider some simple points-
- Choose the center which is nearest to your place of staying as that would help you to save time and you could reach there fresh and ready to concentrate for the listening,reading and writing test of 2hrs 40 mins in IELTS.
- Do crosscheck that for listening test a headphone or a speaker is being used at the test center because some students prefer using headphones as that helps them to concentrate well for the test .
- Always consider on the date from British Council or IDP given that suits you. That is by what time your IELTS skills would be strong enough to crack the exams. Before you decide on a final date to give IELTS do practice tests to get yourself absolutely sure and confident enough that you can crack this.
So the conclusion could be drawn that as a student opting for British Council or IDP for IELTS exams would make no such difference as both are working on the same guidelines.
Do leave your valuable feedback or suggestions in the comments section below.