cbse class 11 biology sample papers
Sample question paper of Biology for class 11th CBSE
Biology is a natural science concerned with the study of living organism and life including their structure , function ,growth , evolution , origin. Biology is a vast subject containing many sub divisions. CBSE Biology is divided into 2 parts :
The CBSE Biology syllabus of class XI is same as that of different Medical entrance examination like AIIMS , AIPMT , ZIPMET, CMC.
CBSE class 11 BOTANY topics :
- Nature of Gene
- Anatomy of angiosperms
- Genitic basis of inheritance
- Genetic engineering
- Chromosomal basis of inheritance
CBSE class 11 ZOOLOGY TOPICS :
- Nature of scope of biology
- Understanding life
- Origin & evolution of life
- The cell as a unit of Life
- Structural organization of cells
- morphology of animal
Unit : I Living World 8
Unit : II Diversity of Life 13
Unit : III Cell & Cell division 16
Unit : IV Genetics 18
Unit : V Morphology Of Plants & animals 15
Sample Paper – 2012 Class – XI Subject –Biology
Questions Section – A
01. Why is fungus-animals?
02. Which hormone is known as an a stress hormone?
03. What is the role of enzyme secreted by infants in stomach?
04. What is the first stage of mosses ? Give one characteristic of the same stage.
05. What is taxon.
06. define mycoplasma? What is its synonym?
07. What is the cause of erythroblastosis foetalis? what are its remedies?
08. Define GLUT-4. What is its function?
Section – B
09. Give out line classification of kingdom fungi.
10. Show the floral formula and floral diagram of solanceae
11. Give the total number of pairs of motor and sensory nerves in a human being.
12. Give two examples of endomembarane related cell organelle?
13. The adenine in a DNA molecule is 10%, Find out the amount of guanine
14. Why is Kreb’s cycle ?
15. Describe the functions of the plastids.and name their types
16. Draw the erythrocytic cycle of malarial parasite in a human being.
OR Define & give example and some characteristic of chrysophytes.
17. give the zoological name and phylum of any 5 animal. Give two unique feature of their phylum . Section – C
18. What are different types of neurons?
19. How enzyme inhibitor affect the enzymes.How sulfa drugs help in inhibition of bacterial growth. 20. What is meant by biological nitrogen fixation? Give chemical reaction of nitrogen conversion in to ammonia. Give role of leghemoglobin in nitrogen fixation
. 21` What is this phenomenon of lateral buds ?
22. Why this plant is said to have dimorphic chloroplasts.
23. What are ERV and IRV?
24. Give the full form of ADH. Name the gland that secretes it. What is the disease caused due to the failure of its secretion? 25. Where does the Calvin cycle cycle takes place in a cell. 26. . Give two diagnostic characters of chordata. OR What is gymnosperms.?
Section – D
27. Describe various steps of cardiac cycle with reference of heart sounds. OR What is stomata & define various theories related to it.
28. (i) . Give one example of this vascular bundle.
(ii) What are the functions of mast cell.
(iii) Define cork?
OR What is the role of lymph heart in circulation of lymph in the digestive system of a forg draw its diagram also ? There is no lymph heart in human being than how circulation of lymph takes place in human being.
29. Describe the sequence of the events in mitosis. and elaborate it
OR Describe the electron microscope structure of biomembrane and the two models proposed to explain.