In this fast forwarding era of technology, the experience to get the most prominent and high resolution graphics is one of the most important aims of the companies. The demand for a crystal clear graphics with high visibility is increasing. As a result we have now the advanced graphics being used in our smartphones too. We often hear that the graphic is not supporting or graphics is outdated or insufficient, but no one knows the details about the graphics whether it be the computer graphics or of a mobile phone. So here we are discussing some questions on Computer graphics, have a look.
Some important questions on Computer Graphics are-
Question 1. What is computer graphics?
Answer- The term computer graphics include almost every thing on computer that is not text or sound. It is an art of drawing pictures, lines. charts, etc. using computers with the help of programming. Or we can say that graphics is the representation and manipulation of image data by computer with the help from specialized software and hardware. Graphic designing is done using the various available softwares for computers which can produce the 3D images in the required shape and dimension. Computer graphics help us in getting the real display experiences.
Question 2. Write the important applications of computer graphic?
Answer- Following are the applications of computer graphic
1. computer graphics is used in the field of computer aided design.
2. It is used to produce illustrations for reports or to generate slide for with projections.
3. Computer graphic methods are widely used in both fine are and commercial are applications.
4. The artist uses a combination of 3D modeling packages, texture mapping, drawing programs and CAD software.
5. In the field of entertainment CG methods are now commonly used in making motion pictures. music videos and television shows.
6. Computer-generated models of physical, financial and economic systems are often used as educational aids.
Question-3 What are the raster and vector graphics?
Answer- The Raster and Vector graphics can be explained as-
RASTER- In computer graphics image, or BITMAP, is a dot matrix data structure representing a generally rectangular grid of pixels or points of color, viewable via a monitor, paper, or other display medium. Raster image are stored in image files with varying formats.
VECTOR- Vector graphics is the use of geometrical primitives such as points, lines, curves, and shapes or polygon, which are all based on mathematical expressions, to represent image in computer graphics. “Vector”, in this context, implies more than a straight line.
Question-4 Write the difference between vector and raster graphics?
Answer-Following are the differences between vector and raster graphics-
1. Raster or Bitmap images are resolution dependent because of this its not possible to increase or decrease their size without sacrificing on image quality.
While vector based image are not dependent on resolution. The size of vector image image can be increased or decreased without affecting image quality.
2. Raster or bitmap images are always rectangular in shape, Vector image, however, can have any shape.
3. Unlike raster image, vector image can’t be use for realistic images. This is because vector images are made up of solid color areas and mathematical gradients, so they can’t be used to show continuous tones of a colors in a natural photograph.
Question-5 What is scaling in computer graphics?
Answer- In computer graphic, image scaling is the process of resizing a digital image. scaling is a non-trivial process that involves a trade off between efficiency, smoothness and sharpness. With bitmap graphics, as the size of an image is reduced or enlarged, the pixels which comprise the image become increasingly visible, making the image appear “soft” if pixels are averaged, or jagged if not.
Question-6 What are the hardware devices used for computer graphics?
Answer- The hardwares devices used for the computer graphics are-
Keyboard, Mouse, Data tablet, Scanner, Light pen, Touch screen, Joystick
Raster Devices- CRT, LCD, LED, Plasma screens, Printers
Vector Devices- Plotters, Oscilloscopes
Question-7 What are the features of inkjet printers?
Answer- Features of inkjet printers are-
1. They can print 2 to 4 pages per minute.
2. resolution is about 360d.p.i. Therefor better print quality is achieved.
3. The operating cost is very low. The only part that requires replacement is ink cartridge.
4. Four colors cyan, yellow, magenta, black are available.
Question-8 What are the advantages of electrostatic plotters?
Answer- Following are the advantages of electrostatic plotters-
1. They are faster then pen plotters and very high quality printers.
2. Recent electrostatic plotters includes a scan conversion capability.
3. color electrostatic plotters are available. They make multiple passes over the paper to plot color picture.
Question-9 What is meant by scan code?
Answer- When a key is pressed on the keyboard, the keyboard controller places a code carry to the key pressed in to the part of the memory called as the keyboard buffer. This code is called as scan code.
Question-10 Define Random and Raster scan displays?
Answer- Random scan is a method in which display is made by electronic beam, which is directed only to the points or parts of the screen where picture is to be drawn.
The Raster scan system is a scanning technique in which the electron sweep from top to bottom and from left to right. The intensity is turned on or off to light and un-light the pixel.
Download the questions and answers on Computer Graphics in pdf too, click IMPORTANT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ON COMPUTER GRAPHICS Pdf
More Interview questions for freshers-
- Questions on c programming
- Questions on c language
- Analog communication questions
- Networking questions
Interview questions on microprocessor
- Digital Modulation
- Interview questions on Java