When it comes to education,the United Kingdom comes first in mind.Studying Engineering and Technology in UK gives you a good future with flying colors ahead.
Engineering and technology in UK is all about tradition and innovation. UNITED KINGDOM has its own old method of producing engineering technologists following the the apprenticeship system of learning.Engineering technologists are termed as Incorporated Engineers in UK.
ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY COURSES IN UK: Engineering and Technological courses in UK covers a wide range of spectrum of fields like electronics, mechanical, electrical, civil, industrial design etc.If anyone gets qualified as UK engineer, he or she gets wide range opportunity in the global market.
UNDERGRADUATE COURSES in UK :UK gives you a freedom to choose exactly what you want to study.Undergraduate courses in UK gives a deserving candidate an opportunity to immerse in a subject that fascinates him or her.There are many UG courses in engineering and technology.Some of them are as follows:
- Marine Engineering
- Metals Technology
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Motor Vehicle Engineering
- Industrial Design Technology
UK engineering education gives versatility to cross over into different professions.Technical education in UK is closely allied to industry.Most of the UK courses give you the opportunity to work side by side with professionals on research projects as well as industry placements.This way students get an excellent basis for a career in global marketplace.
There are several institutions which look after the technical education system in UK as :
- Institution for Chemical Engineering
- Institution for Structural Engineering
- Institution for Civil Engineering
- Institution for Mechanical Engineering
- Institution for Electrical Engineering
UNDERGRADUATE COURSE FEES :
UK honors course requires 3 years and technical education requires 4 years.Course fees varies for home students from that of international students.For students who come from EEA that is European Economic Area comes have to pay a course fees of 1675 pounds to 9000 pounds(151232.44 INR to 812590.09 INR) .For International students the fees gets increased . The fees varies according to the economic condition of the country, for example fees might increase during inflation. Fees might also vary according to the demand of the particular course.
LIVING CONDITION IN UK:Cost of living in UK is really very high in comparison to rest of the European countries. So if a student from India is willing to go to UK for higher studies , he or she will have to work side by side pursuing higher education. Cost of food and drink becomes very high with value added tax. Cloth and accessories have also become very expensive. Housing cost in UK have increased in past few years.Rental rates for one bedroom in one month varies from 304.10 $ to 404.75 $.
METHOD OF APPLYING TO STUDY ENGINEERING:
a) Entry requirements: only those students can those who have A grade in all subjects in class 12 , and class 10 board exams. A* grade is must in mathematics and Physics.
b) Entrance Test: Candidates should register for Engineering Admission Test.c) Choosing College: candidates should give list of colleges according to their priority.
d) UCAS Application form needs to be filled.
e) Interview is arranged for shortlisted students.Students who belong to UK have to go the University to give the interview.International students can give telephonic interview or might take help of skype.
List of top Engineering Universities of UK
- OXFORD UNIVERSITY:The department of Engineering Sciences and Technology in Oxford is a vast one which covers each domain such as Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Computer Sciences etc.This Department was established in the year 1908 and had the first professor as Frewin Jenkin.
fee structure: 1675 pounds for each module or 151232 INR
contact details: Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PJ, United Kingdom
Phone:+44 1865 273000
- CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY: Engineering qualification from Cambridge is of great value in the global market.Department of Engineering is divided in to many sub departments such as Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Biotechnology etc.
Fee structure: 9000 pounds per annum or 812590.09 INR
contact details: New Museums Site, Pembroke St, Cambridge CB2, United Kingdom
Phone:+44 1223 334777
- DURHAM UNIVERSITY: Durham is known to produce world class engineers because they have a very good panel of vibrant faculties who themselves belong to cream of the academic society.This university follows an integrated method of engineering.
fee structure: 12600 pounds per annum or 1137626 INR
contact details: School of Engineering and Computing Sciences
T:+44 (0) 191 334 170
- NOTTINGHAM UNIVERSITY: This university offers a wide range of Undergraduate as well as post graduate courses.Faculties help the students in their research works.This university has world class infrastructures with all accommodation facilities for the students.
Fee structure: 9000 pounds or 812590.09 INR
contact details: The University of Nottingham
telephone: +44 (0) 115 951 4163
- WARWICK UNIVERSITY: Engineering studies in Warwick is of high quality in terms of innovation.Faculties believes in integrated approach to engineering education.Students have every facility to continue their research programmes beside studies.
fee structure: 8600 pounds per annum or 776910.09 INR
contact details: Library Road, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
Phone:+44 24 7652 8193
- SOUTHAMPTON UNIVERSITY: This university is considered to be one of the best engineering institutes of UK.This university offers a wide range of undergraduate as well as post graduate courses.
fee structure: 9000 pounds per annum or 812590.09 INR
contact details: Engineering and the Environment
University of Southampton
- CARDIFF UNIVERSITY: This university provides a world class engineering studies to the students. The courses offered are Engineering in Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Mechanical, Chemical.The standard of teaching high quality and upgraded one.
fee structure: 8900 pounds per annum or 804011.94 INR
contact details: 14-17 The Parade, Trevithick Bldg, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF24 3AA, United Kingdom
Phone:+44 29 2087 4070
- BRIGHTON UNIVERSITY: This university is counted among the top universities of UK which offers engineering studies.Faculties impart education in a modern and innovative way.This university focuses in environment technology as well.
fee structure: 9200 pounds per annum or 829851.96 INR
contact details:14-17 The Parade, Trevithick Bldg, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF24 3AA, United Kingdom
Phone:+44 29 2087 4070
- EXETER UNIVERSITY: Engineering at Exeter is of high quality in terms of their research programmes and wide range of courses offered.This university has very modern infrastructure which facilitates students to continue their studies.
fee structure: 6800 pounds per annum or 613956.96 INR
contact details: College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences
University of Exeter
North Park Road
Tel: +44 (0)1392 723628
- NOTTINGHAM TRENT UNIVERSITY: This university offers a wide range course in engineering.The best course which this university offers in engineering is Civil engineering.
fee structure: 7600 pounds per annum or 686179.90 INR
contact details: Nottingham Trent University,
- LANCASTER UNIVERSITY: This university offers a wide range of research in the following domain:
1) Micro and Nano Systems
2) Radiometrics, Instrumentation and Control
3) E-MIT, Engineering of Microwaves, Terahertz and Light Group
4) Structures, Design and Manufacturing
fee structure: 9200 pounds per annum or 829851.88 INR
contact details: Fylde Ave, Lancaster LA1 4YU, United Kingdom
Phone:+44 1524 65201.
- ABERDEEN UNIVERSITY: This university has strong reputation in terms of the quality of the education they provide.The curriculum, laboratory researches are of high quality.
fee structure: 9000 pounds per annum or 812581.90 INR
contact details: : Frazer Noble Building, King’s College, Aberdeen AB24 3UE, United Kingdom
Phone:+44 1224 272000
- PORTSMOUTH UNIVERSITY: This university provides a wide range of courses in engineering such as mechanical, manufacturing, electronic, communications, computer and petroleum engineering, product design and computer networking.
fee structure: 7600 pounds per annum or 686179.90 INR
contact details: University of Portsmouth
Hampshire, PO1 3AH
Tel: +44 (0)23 9284 2555
- SWANSEA UNIVERSITY: This university is also reputed one and the engineering qualification from this university is of great value.This university was established in the year 1920 and is known for its multidisciplinary research , academic excellence, good faculties.
fee structure: 8900 pounds per annum or 803552.52 INR
contact details: Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, West Glamorgan SA2 8PP, United Kingdom
Phone:+44 1792 295514
- LEICESTER UNIVERSITY: The engineering department in this university is one of the largest departments.This department is renowned one because of the quality of education it provides to the students.
fee structure: 9000 pounds per annum or 812590.09 INR.
contact details: Department of Engineering
T: +44 116 252 2559.