GATE stands for “Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering”. It is conducted by the different IITs like in 2014 it was conducted by IIT Kharagpur.
Eligibility: B. tech pass out & final year (All branches) students, student pursuing M. tech, M. C. A. final year & pass out students, etc. are eligible for GATE.
Tips & Tricks to crack GATE 2015:
- Time Management: You just need to make a proper time management such that you can give approximately 5-6 hours a day.
- Clear concepts: Don’t try to move fast while doing syllabus. Read every concept very carefully.
- Reference Books: Always study in detail from high leveled reference books so that you can get deep knowledge of the subject.
For example, Electronics & circuit devices referred by Morris & Manno
Engineering Mathematics from N.P. Bali
- Practice more questions: Daily practice for more questions like general aptitude,vocabulary,etc.
- Draw graphs & diagrams: Try to figure out the problems of graphs & pictorials to increase your understanding capability.
- Make proper notes: Maintain copy of notes for each subject so that at the time of examination you don’t get confuse.
- Make a chart of important formulas: Its very simple & helpful. Make a chart paper of important formulas and paste it on a wall of a room where you visit most so that the formulas get captured in your mid & it will be on your tips.
- Proper Diet: Take nutritious & balanced diet for increasing your strength & concentration.
- Meet experts: Meet your alumni & other experts who cracked the examination earlier & take their suggestions for planning your career.
- Study Previous Year question paper: Go through all previous year question papers to know about the patter of the examination ad type of questions & also about negative marking.
Best of Luck!