Geology Optional Books
Geology a branch of Earth Sciences has risen as one of the most secure and scoring optional subject for the UPSC Civil Services Mains examination. This subject is easy to understand, hence easy to crack. So, if the aspirants have profound interests in geology, then choose this subject. The syllabus of geology for UPSC IAS Mains exam is long and aspirants may require over three months covering the syllabus. The syllabus of Geology ought to be done before prelims.
UPSC Topper Suggestions Geology Book
Aspirants who are prepared for the UPSC Exam and their subject is Geology Optional They generally use for some books so here are we provide book list which is important for the exam point of view.
- Skylight Geology Books
- Geology: An Introduction – Kronaris and Krambine
- Text Book of Geology – P.K. Mukherjee
- Text Book of Physical Geology – Mahapatra
- Geomorphology – Woolridge or Thornbury
- Principles of Petrology – G.W. Turrel
- Petrography – Williams
- Mineral and Crystal Science – V.C. Jesh
- Sedimentary Rocks – Petti John
- Underground Hydrology – David Keith Toad
- Igneous Rocks and Metamorphic Petrology – Turner
- Ocean – Square Drop, Johnson, and Blimming
- Simple Geological Structure – Plate and Charlincr
- Soil Mineralogy – I. E. Grim
- A Dictionary of Geology – Morrison
- Dimensions of Himalayan Geology- Biyani, A.K.
1. Skylight Geology Books
Hydro Geology and Engineer Geology, Geomorphology and Remote Sensing, Paleontology, Structural Geology, General Geology, Indian Stratigraphy
Soft Copy Price -80
Hard Copy Price – 590
2. Text Book of Geology – P.K. Mukherjee
Author– P.K. Mukherjee
3. Geomorphology – Woolridge or Thornbury
Author– Woolridge or Thornbury
4.Principles of Petrology – G.W. Turrel
Author- G.W Turrel
5. Sedimentary Rocks – Petti John
Author– Petti John
6.Dimensions of Himalayan Geology Biyani, A.K.
Author= Biyani A.K.
Price – 2250
Through This Research Article on best Geology Optional Notes, we have tried to answer a few frequently answered question by a student
1.What is the best book for the geology optional paper?
2. Which are the best books for UPSC geology optional?
3.Which book should be studied for the preparation of geology optional for the IFOS?
4.What is the book list and strategy for geology UPSC Optional?