GUJARAT PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION(GPSC) -ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Gujarat Public Service Commission or GPSC is the commission of Gujarat state. Claimed as one of the most powerful states of India ,Gujarat is denoted as the land of India’s PM Narendra Modi and this state has been in limelight since ever then. The Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) came into origin under the Article 315 of the Constitution Of india. This commission has got a very strong power of being an advisory.This means that it can provide opinions to the President or any state government. This commission came into being in 1960.
The main function is to conduct exams and recruit candidates across various government posts .
What is the Job Profile of Assistant Professor?
The recruitment for Assistant Professor is done in various government departments as faculty of arts, science, commerce, etc.
Eligibility criteria for Assistant Professor?
One must have a Post Graduate degree from a recognised university with atleast 55% marks. The candidate must have also cleared NET or National Eligibility Test or State Level Eligibility Test
The minimum age limit is 40 years whereas the maximum is 45 years.
The Salary pay scale ranges from Rs.15600-39100.
The Selection Procedure takes places through a Preliminary test followed by an Interview.
EXAM SYLLABUS FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
There are various professional subjects to be covered for the preparation of assistant professor exams so lets cover all the subjects with topics in details:-
GENERAL INTELLIGENCE-For this particular subject the topics to be covered include
- Relationship Concepts, Space Visualization.,Similarities and Differences,Problem Solving,Decision Making,Discriminating Observation,Visual Memory.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-For this the topics to be seen
- Geography Economic Scene,General Polity.,Scientific Research .
ENGLISH– The general English would include idioms & phrases, grammar,articles,prepositions,
reading Comprehension ,spelling ,Grammar.verbs,vocabulary. ,antonyms.
COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE-This is a subject that grown to be very important for exams and the topics it includes are
- ,Programming,Fundamentals of computer architecture,Personal computers and their typical uses.Data representation.,Use of basic data structures.,I/O System Organization.
APTITUDE– This again is an important subject with topics like ratio & proportion,
- Mixture and alligation,time and distance,square roots,computation of whole numbers,profit and loss,time and distance, time & work.
REASONING– This subject consists of topics like
- Logical problems,artificial language,letter and symbol series,logical deduction,number series,
- essential part,matching definitions,verbal reasoning,making judgments.
Thus preparing these subjects in details will provide you enough to sit for the exams .
TIPS FOR EXAMS
1) Focus on the current topics and news.
2) Solve as many GPSC question papers you can along with do mock test.
3) To study for General Knowledge don’t just rely on the topics mentioned above but also read as much as you can.
4) Make your strategy to study and make your own time to understand every topic with its concept.
5) Get necessary information about GPSC exam format and syllabus also.
6) Start learning basic things, from Gujarat state textbook.
- Indian politics – Lakshmikanth
- Ancient India – by Kausambi historical outline
- Medieval India – by Jell Mehta
- Gandhi and sub has – by b.l growers
- English – by wren and martin
- Thesaurus – by R.P Sharma
- NCERT books of 11th and 12th.