INTRODUCTION TO WEB BROWSER AND SEARCH ENGINES
- It is used to retrieve and transverse information across the World Wide Web.
- It basically allows user to access and retrieve and view documents and other resources on the internet. EX:- GoogleCrome, Opera Mini etc
- All major web browsers allows user to open multiple pages at the same time in one window or in different windows.
- They also include pop up blockers to prevent unwanted windows from popping up without users consent.
- Most browser functions can be extended by installing different plugins. Some of the common user interface in a web browser is the refresh button, forward and back button, refresh button as well as the status and address bar.
– They are programs used to search documents with specified keywords and returns list of documents with the keywords.
-Some of the search engine are google, bing and yahoo that enables user to search documents on the world wide web.
WORKING OF A SEARCH ENGINE:-
- A spider is sent out by the search engine to fetch as many documents as possible.
- Then the indexer reads these documents and creates an index based on the words found.
- They also use an algorithm to return only the meaningful result for each query.
SEARCH ENGINE STRATEGIES:-
- It focuses on the marketing and optimization of the search engines.
- It helps to know about the ins and outs of search engines in the field of marketing.
DIRECTORIES IN SEARCH ENGINES:-
- They are selected internet finding aids that are arranged by subject and include only selected sites.
- Search engines have directories in which the entries are listed under one or more categories.
META SEARCH ENGINE:-
- It is a tool that sends user requests to all other search engines and collects the result and displays them.
- It allows users to access several search engines simultaneously.
- It works on the principle that the web is too large for a single search engine to index data and comprehensive results can be obtained by combining several search engines.
- This also save user from using several search engine.
- It creates a virtual database. They take a users request and pass it to several heterogeneous database and then combine the results in a homogeneous manner based on an algorithm.
1) WHAT IS A WEB BROWSER?
2) WHAT ARE SEARCH ENGINES? HOW DOES IT WORK?
3) WHAT ARE THE STRATEGIES OF SEARCH ENGINES?
4)WHAT ARE DIRECTORIES IN SEARCH ENGINES?
5) WHAT IS A META SEARCH ENGINE?