IS IT necessary to go to Delhi for UPSC or civil services Exam preparation
For a UPSC aspirant, Delhi is considered to be the hub for IAS coaching. There a lot of country-wide famous coaching institutes in Delhi that produce a lot of IAS officers. The only problem is that you may not be able to go to Delhi due to various reasons. Is it a must to go to Delhi for IAS coaching? Today, we will explore this.
Pros of going to/living in Delhi for IAS coaching:
- There are many well-known coaching centres which are extremely good.
- You will get to meet and interact with a lot of people from all over the country.
- Meet IAS experts who are now teaching in coaching centers
- People who have cleared the exam and are giving it again to get a better rank will be able to give you first-hand experience.
- The availability of good study material is a good bonus.
- The experience of a new city can change your mindset and help you prepare for the interview.
- You can focus solely on your studies without any distractions.
- If you have never lived away from home, this will be a great experience for you to take on responsibility. This is good for your personality development on the whole.
Cons of going/living in Delhi for IAS coaching:
- The abundance of coaching institutes can make your decision very hard.
- The coaching institutes have high fees which you may not be able to afford.
- You may get homesick and face problems concentrating.
- Lodging and food is not cheap and may not be up to your standards.
- A new city can be quite disorienting for you.
Pros of living in your own city for IAS coaching:
- There are a lot of good institutes that have branches in other cities.
- Many institutes in your hometown may actually be just as good as coaching institutes in Delhi.
- Money will not be an issue in your hometown. The fees are usually lower in institutes outside Delhi. You will not have to worry about lodging and food as well.
- Homesickness will not trouble you. Your family will lend you emotional support and help you in distress.
- Your focus will only be on studies since you will be in a familiar environment.
- You may get discouraged by the sheer number of people studying in Delhi who are not able to clear the exam.
Is it a must to go to Delhi for IAS coaching?
It is a very personal decision that you have to make. Weigh all the pros and cons carefully before making a final choice. Ultimately, it is you who has to put in all the hard work and study. Look up the reviews online on our website as we have a detailed list of top coaching institutes of every city.
For online books, click here.
For pdf notes, click here.
Join our Telegram UPSC toppers group to get free study material