WHAT IS JHARKHAND PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION(JPSC)?
The Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) was formed so that candidates could be recruited across various government posts in the state. Jharkhand ,is an 17 yrs old state constituted after being separated from the state of Bihar. The governor of Jharkhand formed this state under the Article 315 of the Constitution of India. The written examination followed by interview finalizes suitable candidates for various posts across the state.
ELIGIBILITY FOR JPSC EXAMS
One must have a degree from a recognized university .
Candidate’s maximum age limit is 35 years for Unreserved, 37 years for BC-II/ BC-I candidates, 40 years for SC & ST and 38 years for Female Unreserved/ BC-II & BC-I candidates.
EXAM PATTERN FOR JPSC EXAMS-The JPSC exams if compared to the Union Public Service Commission is slightly easy to crack if hard work and efforts are put in.
The exam pattern for JPSC EXAMS has three parts-
The Main Examination
The Personality Test
SYLLABUS FOR JHARKHAND PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (PRELIMS)
First let’s get to know the syllabus for JPSC Prelims exams which constitutes of two papers -General Studies for 2hrs of 200 marks.
(PRELIMS) GENERAL STUDIES-
- Indian History: This would cover ancient,medieval and modern era.
2) Indian geography: General,physical,economics,social & demographics.
3) Indian politics and governance:The Constitution,public administration & good governance
4) Economics & sustainable development-The basic features of Indian Economy,sustainable development ,economic reforms and globalization also.
5) Technology & science- This would cover general science,agriculture and technology,Information and communication
6) National & International current affairs .
7) Jharkhand Specific topics- General awareness of its history, Society ,Culture and Heritage
8) General questions of miscellaneous nature like-
Human rights,Environment protection, Biodiversity,Un and international agencies etc.
SYLLABUS FOR THE MAINS
PAPER I- General Hindi
General English–For both these two you will need to prepare essays,comprehensions and grammar.
PAPER II- Language and Literature-
PAPER III- Social Science- This has History and Geography subjects.
History–Ancient period, Medieval and Modern period.
Geography–Physical geography, Human geography and Physical geography of India, Natural resources of India, geography of Jharkhand.
PAPER IV-Indian Constitution and Politics, Public administration and Good Governance.
PAPER V-Indian Economy, Globalization and Sustainable Development. This would contain topics like basic features of Indian economy, sustainable development, Indian development strategies ,nature of economic reforms ,Impact on Indian economy, Economy of Jharkhand with its features and issues.
PAPER VI- General Science ,Environment and Technology.It covers physical science, life science, agriculture science, environmental science ,science and technology development.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR JPSC EXAMINATIONS?
1)Firstly know the syllabus in details so that no confusion remains and no topic is left out to be covered.
2)Lay your hands on all subjects of 6th to 12th class of NCERT with details.
3)Always consider referring to certain important books for all subjects .
4)Keep yourself updated of the current happenings all over the globe and locally as this section is a very important to score better in JPSC Exams.
5) Always practice test papers and mock papers as to evaluate yourself and strict your answers within a time limit.Practice is the only thing that would help you to excel .
6) The only mantra to success for JPSC is regular studies and day to day revision with strict discipline and efforts.
7) While studying also keep practice of writing answers as that will help you to understand better.
8) Prepare topics related to the Jharkhand state and various government schemes .
There are several books to be considered while preparing for JPSC exams-
1) Krishna Reddy [Ancient, Medieval, & Modern India]
2) R.S.Agarwal [Arithmetic]
3) N.C.E.R.T.BooK [Std.xi & Std.xii]
- RELATED POSTS:
For any queries do comment below in the box.