Who would have thought Junk articles could be of good use in one’s daily life. It does not cost you even a single penny, In fact one can earn from it. You can make useful, decorative and beautiful crafts through these Junk Materials. It just need some creativity and innovation hidden inside you.
COLLECTION: Here is a list of some common Junk Materials
- Empty Bottles of cold drinks.
- Empty Bottles of perfumes and deodorants.
- Empty Cosmetic bottles.
- Empty Different plastic bottles.
- Wax around the burned candles.
- Empty refills, unused pens and filled notebooks.
- Old T-shirts.
- Old crockery sets.
- Old newspapers, leather bags, Greeting cards.
- Cartoon boxes.
- Golden and silver wrapper foils of the chocolates.
- Waste match sticks.
- Old toothbrush Etc.
These are some of the materials that can be collected as Junk articles. It will take some place to keep, but once when these materials turn into beautiful artifacts then it will be must to make some space for them
USES: Some crafts made by the above mentioned Junks
Every birthday of your near and dear one is special, so it would be better to gift them a beautiful candle all made by you. This will take only few minutes and it is not expensive too, you can make it by your own collected junks. Let us try that.
Things you need
- WAX collection from your Junk.
- Candle paint and Oil paint.
- Toothbrush from your Junk as well.
- One deep bowl or glass or cup from your Junk collection.
- One 10 mm thick diameter thread (you can get it by cutting the t-shirt).
- Put the WAX and candle paint (color choice is yours) in a container. Then Melt it using gas oven. After melting put it into either the bowl or glass or cup, whatever shape you wanted to give it.
- Put the thread in the middle of that melted WAX from tip to the end and hold for the few minute.
- Wait for another few minute to cool that. Use toothbrush and oil paint for spray painting in the WAX holding dish.
You can also use another cosmetic bottles to put the WAX onto them and give it to a particular shape.
Designer Showpiece made from Junk
Things you need
- Perfume bottle or any other designer bottle.
- Scraps of the steel.
- Oil Paint.
- Remove the flex of the bottle.
- If you want it to be colorful then paint it with your favorite color.
- Decorate it with the steel scrap as shown in the picture; Instead you can paint it too.
- You can also use it as a pen stand.
Artificial Fish by waste Junk plastic bottles
- Plastic bottle.
- One big white button and one small black button.
- Sharply cut the bottle as shown in the picture.
- Stick the buttons by using glue as per the picture.
- Make a stand with cut pieces of the bottle for the fish.
Rangoli by Junk match stick
Things you need
- One colorful chart paper.
- Match sticks.
- Sketch pens.
- Cut the chart paper in a circular shape.
- Paste the match stick as same else you can use any of your own creative design.
- Color with the sketch pens to decorate it.
- To make it a wall hanger put a hook in the above of this Rangoli design.
Homemade papers by old Newspaper
Things you need
- Old Newspaper.
- A glass screen.
- One container.
- Oil paint.
- Tear the newspaper into small pieces.
- Soak the papers in water using the container.
- Turn the paper into pulp by shaking or grinding.
- Fill half of the container with water.
- Add pulp to the container and stir.
- Immerse the paper into the container.
- Lift the screen and remove access of water from the screen.
- Remove the paper and apply colors of your choices.
There are also some useful craft works that can be made from the Junks such as greeting cards, small wind turbine generator, and toy house for kids etc
By using cartoon boxes and the refills one can make toy house. By using deodorant bottles one can make small toy wind turbine generator. Using plastic bottles you can make candle holders. These all just need creativity and innovation. You can think over various things to make by those of your collected Junk stuffs. This will enhance your capability of thinking over innovative ideas.
Disadvantages of Junk materials
Everything has two faces. One is good and another one is bad. As you have studied the usefulness of Junk articles, I must mention here that there are also some disadvantages of collecting Junk articles. Here I am listing some of the disadvantages.
- If anyone start collecting the things as Junk without knowing the correct use of those things, then it will prevent them from being recycle and its further use.
- It need additional work to convert them into perfect useful material.
- If the Junks are kept for a longer time, then it will start harming the environment, since it takes extra spaces for Junks.
- It smells very bad when kept over for a longer period so it requires proper maintenance of Junks.
- It seems confusing to keep the things as Junks, what to keep and what not to keep.
Future aspects of the Junk materials
There is a huge scope of using the Junk articles in the future. some of them are as following:
- Personal filament maker Filabot have promised that they will help to turn the plastic Junk into 3-D printer.
- There is contemporary colleges that collect the stuffs thrown away, discarded or ignored to create the future.
- The collected Junk turned into useful handmade products that one can adopt as their business.
- This collection does not need any economical fund, hence everyone can have this collection and can be benefited.
- The products made by Junk articles is ECO friendly and inexpensive.