Colleges for MCA in Delhi
Colleges for MCA in Delhi
Masters in Computer Application also known as MCA came into existence with growing need and demand of Information Technology and computer based system in day to day life. Information Technology is growing very rapidly. Increasing usage of computers in almost all spheres of human endeavor has led to a boom in the IT industry with concurrent rapid change in technology. MCA (Master of Computer Applications) course is nowadays considered to be an important source of
human resource for the software industry.
There are several colleges for MCA in Delhi but at Top of chart I would suggest JNU. Masters course of JNU has always been well known in arts streams and specially language but in computer stream also JNU managed gto keep its numero uno position and is by far better or can be considered as best college for MCA in Delhi
MCA is aimed at designing information systems for various organizations such as banks, insurance companies, hotels, hospitals etc. Development of application software in diverse areas where computers are used will be the main function of MCA graduates. The major emphasis is on giving the students a strong and healthy background in computing, business functioning and mathematics relevant to information technology.
Master of Computer Application is a 3-year postgraduate program. It is a very good option for those who want to pursue a career in software field. MCA courses offer very good professional opportunities for computer graduates in various Multinational Companies as well as other software firms with an attractive pay package.
There are various exams being conducted by various Indian Universities for admission to MCA courses. Out of those, below are mentioned the top 7 Indian MCA entrance examinations:
- BIT MCA: Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mersa is a deemed university, founded in 1955It is accredited by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) & the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). BIT MCA entrance test is conducted every year for admission to MCA courses.
- Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is an affiliated and teaching university established by government of Delhi in 1998. The university offers various degrees like: B.Tech/M.Tech, MCA/BCA, B.Arch, BBA/MBA, BHMS, Ph.D and many more. The admission to these courses is through common entrance test.
- JNU MCA: Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) is one of the leading Indian University providing Higher Educations to students. It offers quality education to students for their better professional future.
- NITMCA Common Entrance Test: NIMCET is a national-level entrance test administered by NITs for admission to their MCA programme. NIMCET scores are accepted by institutes such as NIT Trichy, NIT Jamshedpur and all other NITs of the country.
- Pune University MCA: Pune University has around 118 research institutes and 269 affiliated colleges. It conducts an all India entrance examination for admission to MCA and MSc. (Computer Science) courses.
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA: WB-JECA is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board and students not only from West Bengal, but also from several parts of India give this exam to get admission in the various institutes of West Bengal.
- Joint Admission Test for MCA (IIT JAM): The exam is conducted to provide admission to various MCA, MSc. , Joint MSc. -Ph.D and MSc. – Ph.D dual degree and other post-bachelor degree programmes at the IITs based on the performance in a single test. IIT Roorkee administers this exam every year.
The Top 10 Universities/Institutes in India providing MCA courses are as follows:
|1||Pune University, Pune||Pune||www.unipune.ac.in|
|2||Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi||Delhi||www.jnu.ac.in|
|3||Hyderabad Central University, Hyderabad||Hyderabad||www.uohyd.ernet.in|
|4||National Institute of Technology NIT, Trichy||Trichy||www.nitt.edu|
|5||Birla Institute of Technology BITS, Ranchi||Ranchi||www.bitmesra.ac.in|
|6||National Institute of Technology NIT, Surathkal||Surathkal||www.nitk.ac.in|
|7||PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore||Coimabtore||www.psgtech.edu|
|8||National Institute of Technology NIT, Rourkela||Rourkela||www.nitrkl.ac.in|
|9||MN National Institute of Technology NIT, Allahabad||Allahabad||www.mnnit.ac.in|
|10||Vellore Institute Of Technology, Vellore||Vellore||www.vit.ac.in|
MCA is a three year (6 semesters) course. The students entering MCA must have a B.C.A./B.Sc./ B.Com/B.A. degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or at graduation. Of the 6 semesters one semester is to be spent in an industry developing a software system.
The MCA programme consists of 5 theory subject plus two laboratories each semester. The curriculum has a strong core covering information technology, business management and mathematics. The suggested –curriculum according to AICTE has:
• 25 theory subjects and 10 laboratory subjects.
• Of the 25 subjects II are in information technology, 6 in business management. 4 in mathematics and 4 are electives. 2 out of the 4 electives must be in business management area.
• It is observed that 85% of the curriculum consists of compulsory courses and 15% are electives.
• Each laboratory should be of at least 2 hour duration. Each student should spend at least 4 hours on a terminal per day.
• Besides formal courses the curriculum includes one lecture per week in the 5th semester by an industry representative who would present the current application of computq8 in their industry.
During the 6 semester programme various subjects are taught to the students. On the basis of curriculum approved by AICTE, the 6 semesters consists of following subjects:
Semester 1: This semester consists of all basic subjects aimed at providing basic BCA computer knowledge to the fresher’s of MCA program. Subjects being taught in this semester are : Information to IT, Computer Organization & Arch., Programming and Data Structure, Introduction to Management Functions, Mathematical foundation, IT Lab and Programming Lab.
Semester 2: This semester consists of Subjects like: Info System Analysis, Design and Implementation, Operating Systems, Oral and Wireless Communications, Accounting and Management Control, Probability& Comb atonics, Business Programme Lab and Unix & Windows Lab.
Semester 3: During semester 3 the subjects being taught to students are: Database Management Systems, Computer Communication Networks, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Management Support System, Statistical Computing, DBMS Lab, and Statistical Computing Lab.
Semester 4: This semester consists of Network Programming, Software engineering I, Elective I, Organizational Behaviour, Elective 2, Network Lab and CASE Tools lab.
Semester 5: The subjects covered in this Semester are A.I & Applications, Elective 3, Elective 4, Optimization Techniques, A.I & Applications Lab, Optimisation techniques Lab, Industrial Lectures & Seminars & Projects.
Semester 6: This semester consists of Project and Seminars.
Numerous designations are available for students of MCA in corporate firms. A few of them include:
- Software Engineer
- Internet Expert
- Network Designer
- Software Developer
- System Analyzer
Companies in India which offer jobs to MCA students are D.E. Shaw, HCL Technologies, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Polaris, Sonata Software, TCS, Texas Instruments, and Wipro Systems.
Wipro Systems, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), HCL Technologies, ORACLE and Microsoft are some of the firms that recruit candidates when ever vacancies are available.
Feel free to express your views in comments section.
Tell us Your Queries, Suggestions and Feedback
3 Responses to Colleges for MCA in Delhi
« Board Improvement exam because of Less marks in 10 or 12th board exam which college is better »
[…] Exam as such. Only candidates pursuing a degree in Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology,Master of Computer Applications, Master of Science(CS/IT), ME/Master of Technology will be benefited from ELITMUS […]
Good article……now I can inform all my friends pursuing B.C.A about these colleges…….thanks
its so usefull information ,
thank you so much for writting such a great article