PG courses after completing MBBS course have always been a point of worry for doctors all across the world especially in India. Indian students want to pursue PG abroad as it helps them to settle down in a foreign country as an MS or MD. There are so many popular destinations where Indians prefer to pursue PG.
Students who have completed their MBBS in India will like to pursue their MD form a foreign country to gain more exposure. The foreign countries offer hi-tech facilities that will enhance their medical knowledge. But, students planning to come back to India for practicing need to know that MCI (Medical Council of India) recognizes the MD or PG from five countries. The countries have a different pathway to get admission into the postgraduate courses. The countries are;
- USA: To get into PG courses in the USA, students need to clear the USMLE (the United States Medical Licenses Examination). The process to be MD in USA after completing MBBS course can be complex, so better keep in touch with knowledgeable, experienced and skilled educational consultant. You need to clear a three-step exam named USMLE.
- UK: Students who want to pursue MD from the UK need to clear the PLAB examination. Here you will find popular medical universities and the wide range of MD programs. There are so many government universities in UK. You should know how to clear PLAB exam to get admission in PG programs.
- Canada: Students trying to get their admission in MD need to clear MCCEE along with MCCQE Part 1 and MCCQE Part 2. You need to clear a three-step exam named USMLE.
- New Zealand: Students trying for MD in New Zealand need to submit their resume and attend an exam conducted by the medical council to get admission for the PG course.
- Australia: The AMC (Australian Medical Council) conducts examination for PG courses. You need to clear AMC exam.
There are so many good medical colleges and renowned universities that offer entire PG courses or MBBS courses completely free. PG in the UK is like a dream for so many Indian students who have completed their MBBS program. These courses are also available in so many countries but many students choose non-English speaking countries such as Ukraine, Russia, China and much more.
Germany: This is among the very popular PG options that people choose. There are so many Indian students who have completed PG in Germany and put their best efforts to crack NEET/AIPGMEE PG. You should choose ranked university here for completing PG level successfully.
Students need to check the MCI approval of colleges they are trying to get into before applying for the course. Every course has different curriculum, so students need to understand it fully before applying for the course.
Entrance exam and admission process may depend on the country and MD program you choose. Every country has different procedure for entrance in PG. There are only 5 countries that are MCI recognize PG includes New Zealand, Australia, UK, Canada and USA.