Sample Paper for CMAT Exam (Common Management Aptitude Test) is a national level written test conducted at MBA level for admission into various B-schools.This exam is held twice a year in the month of Feb and Sept.Good news is, an additional CMAT will held in the month of May.A candidate might appear twice this exam and the best score will be considered for admission.Graduates of any discipline or final year students of graduate courses can appear the CMAT.The question paper contains questions from-Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation,Logical Reasoning,Language comprehension,General Awareness.From each section 25 questions are asked and 4 marks awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark deducted for each wrong answer.
Here I have just mentioned few important details regarding exam if you want to know about exam in details then you can follow the link given CMAT. As per my experience I would suggest that students should focus on Logical reasoning,Quantitative techniques & data interpretation as questions are quite easy and its just require ones clear concept to solve questions from this section.Time management is required for any competitive exam.We have a very helpful application where you can test your knowledge and know your weakness and strengths ,that is itest.Interested candidates can take an online test on CMAT at itest and know various types of questions that come in exam.
Here I have got some questions for you in this sample paper for CMAT exam after doing research to help you to crack the national level exam which is going to held soon.
Sample paper for CMAT exam:-
Questions and answers
1) A person invested Rs 1,00,000 at 8% simple interest for 5 years and reinvested the amount received at 10% simple interest for 2 years. What was the final amount received by him?
(a) Rs 1,56,000 (b) Rs 1,60,000 (c) Rs 1,68,000 (d) Rs 1,70,000
2) A 100 liters spirit water solution contains 75% spirit. Find the amount of water to be added to convert it into 60% spirit solution.
(a) 15 liters (b) 25 liters (c) 40 liters (d) 20 liters
3) Ajay started a firm with a capital of Rs 28,000. After 5 months, Boman joined him and invested Rs 40,000 in the firm. Chirag was also added as a new partner with an individual investment of Rs 56,000 after 7 months of commencement. If at the end of the year, the profit of the firm is Rs 32,000, what is the share of Boman?
(a) Rs 12,000 (b) Rs 8,000 (c) Rs 14,000 (d) Rs 10,000
4) The price of a machine increases by 20% in a year and decreases by 15% in the following year. What is net percentage increase/decrease in the price of the machine?
(a) 1% increase (b) 2% increase (c) 1% decrease (d) 2% decrease
5) The question given below is followed by two statements, I and II. Mark the answer using the following instructions:
Mark (a) if the question can be answered by using statement I alone, but not by using statement II alone.
Mark (b) if the question can be answered by using statement II alone, but not by using statement I
Mark (c) if the question can be answered by using both the statements together, but cannot be answered by using either statement alone.
Mark (d) if the question cannot be answered even by using both the statements together.
Q. In a class, the ratio of boys to girls is 13 : 10. How many boys are there in the class?
I. The number of boys is 30% more than the number of girls.
II. The number of girls is 15 less than the number of boys.
6) When two students of a class with strength of 40 students were expelled, the average age of the class which was 18 years did not change. If one of the students was 14 years old, what was the age (in years) of the second student?
(a) 22 (b) 24 (c) 26 (d) 20
7) If the natural numbers starting from 1 are written one after the other to form a 121-digit number, then what will be the last digit of the resultant number?
(a) 5 (b) 3 (c) 6 (d) 7
8) Four tables and 3 chairs cost Rs 3,200 whereas 5 tables and 7 chairs cost Rs5,300. What is the price of a table?
(a) Rs 600 (b) Rs 500 (c) Rs 480 (d) Rs 300
9) The average of 5 numbers is 150. The largest number exceeds the smallest number by 100. If the five numbers are in arithmetic progression, find the smallest number.
(a) 100 (b) 150 (c) 170 (d) 135
10) Find the volume of water (in litres) that is flowing through a cylindrical pipe of diameter 14 meters in a minute, if water is flowing at the rate of 30 km per hour.
(a) 7.7 × 107
(b) 1.54 × 106
(c) 1.54 × 107
(d) 7.7 × 106
11) Find the number of ways in which 14 persons can sit on 14 chairs such that 3 particular persons always sit together.
(a) 14! (b) 14! × 3! (c) 11! (d) 12! × 3!
12) The numbers P and Q when divided by a certain divisor leave remainders 32 and 19 respectively. When P + Q is divided by the same divisor, the remainder is 13. What is the divisor?
(a) 51 (b) 19 (c) 38 (d) Cannot be determined
13) A jar contains 36 liters solution of milk and water in the ratio of 5 : 7 respectively. Out of this, 24 liters solution is taken out and replaced with water. What is the quantity of water (in liters) present in the final solution?
(a) 27 (b) 31 (c) 29 (d) 30
14) The difference between the third and the first term of a geometric progression is 3. If the first term and the common ratio are positive integers, then find the sum of the first three terms of the progression?
(a) 6 (b) 7 (c) 9 (d) 10
15) When the digits of a two-digit number are reversed, the number increases by 27. How many values the number can assume?
(a) 4 (b) 6 (c) 8 (d) 12
16) Out of 460 employees in an organization, 240 employees are MBA, 160 are B.Tech. and 45 are both MBA and B.Tech. How many employees are neither MBA nor B.Tech.?
(a) 15 (b) 105 (c) 115 (d) 60
17) Each of Atul, Yogesh and Riyaz can complete a piece of work in 12 days, 36 days and 54 days respectively. They started the work together, but Atul left after working for 6 days and Yogesh left 8 days before the completion of the work. In how many days was the work completed?
(a) 16 (b) 17 (c) 20 (d)
18)1,200 at 5% per annum compound interest amounts to `1,323 in
(a) 1 year (b) 2 years (c) 3 years (d) 4 years
19) Five students Abhay, Baruni, Chirag, Disha and Erman have completed their MBA from five differentinstitutes IIMB, IIML, MDI, JBIMS and SIES, not necessarily in the same order. Each of them is now working with a different company A, B, C, D and E. Chirag is working with company D but he has done MBA neither from MDI nor from IIML. Erman has done MBA from JBIMS and is working with company B. Baruni has done MBA from IIMB and Abhay is working with company C.
Who is MBA from SIES?
(a) Abhay (b) Chirag (c) Disha (d) Baruni
20) In a marriage, Ram saw a girl and told his father that the girl was the granddaughter of the father of the only child of the lady whom he addressed as grandmother. How is the girl related to Ram?
(a) Aunt (b) Cousin (c) Sister (d) Cannot be determined
Sample Paper for CMAT Exam contains some more questions-
21) In a certain code language, CATALYST is coded as 242672615287, how will ENZYME be coded in the same code language?
(a) 5142625135 (b) 2213121422 (c) 2214121422 (d) 5142625145
Sample paper for KMAT exam contains some more questions:-
22) Find the missing term in the following series. 61, 113, 181, ? , 365, 481
(a) 265 (b) 255 (c) 275 (d) 245
23) Find the odd one out.
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 5
24) Ram and Shyam played a game in which Shyam was supposed to move in the direction opposite to that of Ram’s movement covering the same distance. From a common starting point, Ram started moving Northwards and covered 3 km, he then took a right turn and covered 4 km, he then turned to North-west direction and covered4 2 km, he finally turned to South direction and covered 4 km. What is the position of Shyam with respect to the starting point?
(a) 3 km, South (b) 4 km, South (c) 4 km, West (d) 6 km, West
25) Five professionals are standing in a voting queue one behind the other. There are two persons between the professor and the doctor. The journalist is standing just behind the doctor. The banker and the photographer are not standing next to each other. Who among the five will vote first?
(a) Banker (b) Photographer (c) Doctor (d) Cannot be determined
26) Complete the series: AD, IP, YJ, WL, CV, ?
(a) PN (b) QN (c) RO (d) PQ
27) Six friends – Aan, Bran, Chan, Dan, Eian and Fran – are sitting in a row such that all of them are facing in the same direction. Aan and Fran are friends and hence, are sitting together. Dan is sitting at one of the extreme ends. Chan is sitting to the immediate right of Bran. Eian is sitting next to Aanand Dan. Who among the following is sitting at the other extreme end?
(a) Bran (b) Chan (c) Aan (d) Cannot be determined
28) In a certain code language, RAMESH is coded as QBLFRI, how will VIKASH be coded in the same language?
(a) IVAKHS (b) HSAKIV (c) WHLZTG (d) UJJBRI
29) Four professors – Anu, Banu, Chanu and Danu – are sitting at a square table facing the center such that exactly one professor is sitting at one of the sides of the table. Anu is sitting to the immediate left of Banu. Chanu is sitting to the immediate right of Danu. Who is sitting opposite to Anu?
(a) Banu (b) Chanu (c) Danu (d) Either (a) or (b)
30) Order of the last 15 letters of the English alphabetical series is reversed. Find the 20th letter from the beginning.
(a) Q (b) R (c) S (d) T
31) Among five friends – Ram, Raj, Rahul, Rakesh and Ramesh – Rakesh is neither the tallest nor the shortest; Ram is taller than Ramesh but shorter than Rakesh and two other friends. Who among them is the shortest?
(a) Raj (b) Rahul (c) Ramesh (d) Either (a) or (b)
32) In a cricket match, Rohit scored 16 runs on 6 balls with a different score on each ball. The maximum runs were scored on the 3rd ball and the minimum runs were scored on the 1st ball. Four runs were scored on third ball after the one on which 2 runs were scored. It is also known that ball on which 1 run was scored was neither the first nor the last. How many runs were scored on the last ball?
(a) 3 (b) 1 (c) 4 (d) Either (a) or (b)
33) Each of the five friends – A, B, C, D and E – has his/her birthday on a different day of a week from Monday to Friday. A will be celebrating his birthday on the day next to that of E’s Birthday. B will be celebrating his birthday on Friday. D’s Birthday is not on Monday. On which of the following days, C’s birthday cannot fall?
(a) Monday (b) Tuesday (c) Wednesday (d) Thursday
34) In a family of 7 members – A, B, C, D, E, F and G – there are two married couples. A is the granddaughter of B, who is the father of C. D is the brother-in-law of F. E is the mother of G, who is the mother of A. C and F are siblings. How will A address C?
(a) Uncle (b) Aunt (c) Brother (d) Cannot be determined
Sample paper for KMAT exam contains some more questions:-
35) Five different juices are kept on a table in a straight row such that Mango juice is not kept next to the Litchi juice; Orange juice and Mix fruit juice are kept next to each other; Guava juice is kept next to the Mango juice as well as the Mix fruit juice. Which of the following juices are kept at the extreme ends?
(a) Mango juice and Mix fruit juice (b) Litchi juice and Mix fruit juice
(c) Mango juice and Litchi Juice (d) Data inadequate
36) Find the next term in the following series. –3, –13, –31, –57, –91, ?
(a) –123 (b) –143 (c) –133 (d) –131
37) The following question contains six statements followed by four options. Select the set where the third statement can be logically concluded from the preceding two.
A. Oranges are fruit. B. Some fruits are sour.
C. Oranges are sour. D. Some oranges are sour.
E. Some oranges are not sour. F. Some apples are sour.
(a) ADB (b) ACE (c) BFD (d) BAC
38) While speaking to a lady, Aryan said “You are the mother of the daughter of the only son of the wife of the father of my sister’s father”. How is the lady related to Aryan?
(a) Mother (b) Aunt (c) Sister (d) Cannot be determined
39) Find the next term in the series: 25, 52, 38, 83, 50, 5, 126, ____
(a) 36 (b) 111 (c) 534 (d) 621
40) A cube is painted red on all of its faces and then cut into 64 identical smaller cubes. How many of these smaller cubes have exactly two faces painted red?
(a) 12 (b) 16 (c) 24 (d) 32
Sample Paper for CMAT Exam-
41) A is to the South of B who is to the East of C. E is to the East of D who is to the North of C. What is the direction of D with respect to A?
(a) North-west (b) West (c) East (d) South-west
42) Find the next term in the series: B6D, C9F, E15J, H24P, ____
(a) L27X (b) K27X (c) K36X (d) L36X
43) In a marriage, Ram saw a girl and told his father that the girl is the granddaughter of the father of the only child of the lady whom I address as grandmother. How is the girl related to Ram?
(a) Aunt (b) Cousin (c) Sister (d) Cannot be determined
44) Five students – A, B, C, D and E – are standing in a row from left to right in ascending order of their heights. A is neither the shortest nor the tallest; exactly 3 students are shorter than D and exactly 3 students are taller than E. If C is at the extreme right end, then the correct order from left to right is
(a) BDAEC (b) BEADC (c) EBADC (d) BAEDC
45) Each of the four different games was played on a different day from Monday to Thursday. Hockey and Cricket were not played on two consecutive days. Ludo was played after Hockey but before Chess. Which game was played on Tuesday?
(a) Cricket (b) Hockey (c) Ludo (d) Either (b) or (c)
46) Five lectures of one hour each are scheduled from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in a day. L1 and L2 are scheduled just after L3. L4 is scheduled just after L5. Excatly two lectures were scheduled between L2 and L5. Which lecture was scheduled from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.?
(a) L5 (b) L3 (c) L4 (d) Cannot be determined
Sample paper of CMAT contains more questions :-
47) Five friends are sitting in a row such that E is adjacent to A but not adjacent to C. B is at one of the extreme ends. Exactly two friends are sitting between E and B. Who is definitely sitting adjacent to D?
(a) E (b) C (c) A (d) B
48) In a certain code language, “alpha beta gamma” means “He gives chocolates”, “theta delta gamma” means “Harry gets chocolates” and “alpha delta phi” means “He gets nothing”. What is the code for “nothing”?
(a) gamma (b) phi (c) delta (d) alpha
49) In a certain code language, if TAIT is coded as 0110, then the code for RAHANE is
(a) 011101 (b) 110101 (c) 011101 (d) 010101
50) Find the odd one out.
(a) 324 (b) 861 (c) 529 (d) 676
51) Four friends – Gopal, Kishan, Madhav and Vishnu – own different cars among – I-10, I-20, Ritz and Getz – in no particular order. The cars are of different colours – Yellow, Blue, Green and Red. It is also known that:
(i) I-20 is either a red or a green coloured car.
(ii) Kishan owns either Ritz or Getz.
(iii) Gopal owns I-10 and Vishnu owns a yellow coloured car.
(iv) Neither I-10 nor Getz is a blue coloured car.
Which of the following combinations of friend-car-colour is definitely correct?
(a) Kishan-Ritz-Blue (b) Vishnu-Ritz-Yellow
(c) Madhav-I-20-Red (d) Gopal-I-10-Green
Sample Paper for CMAT Exam-
52) Find the wrong number in the series: 6, 15, 35, 99, 143, 221
(a) 143 (b) 99 (c) 35 (d) 15
53) There are two blanks in the following sentence. From the pairs of words given, choose the one that fills the blanks most appropriately. The first word in the pair should fill the first blank.
At the best of times, the _____ profile of the country undermines stability: the minorities-the Tajiks, the Hazaras and the Uzbeks dominate the North; the Pashtoons, on the other hand, are a ____majority in the South and East.
(a) popular, gross (b) people, minute
(c) demographic, gargantuan (d) leotard, motley
54) There are two blanks in the following sentence. From the pairs of words given, choose the one that fills the blanks most appropriately. The first word in the pair should fill the first blank.
Urdu poetry has a/an _____ quality, which makes people explode with cries of Wah! even though they do not fully _____ what is being said.
(a) oblique, sing (b) pious, undervalue
(c) surreptitious, hear (d) uncanny, comprehend
55) There are two blanks in the following sentence. From the pairs of words given, choose the one that fills the blanks most appropriately. The first word in the pair should fill the first blank.
He also expressed strong _____ about _____ judicial powers on an officer of the rank of joint secretary to the government.
(a) support, conniving (b) reserve, covering
(c) refusal, converting (d) reservations, conferring
56) There are two blanks in the following sentence. From the pairs of words given, choose the one that fills the blanks most appropriately. The first word in the pair should fill the first blank.
We must therefore use some _____ to render a Pastoral delightful; and this consists of exposing the best side of a shepherd’s life, and in concealing its _____.
(a) illustration, joys (b) method, waggery
(c) idyllic, sorrows (d) illusion, miseries
Sample Paper for CMAT Exam-
57) There are two blanks in the following sentence. From the pairs of words given, choose the onethat fills the blanks most appropriately. The first word in the pair should fill the first blank.
International _____ does not deter the Taliban from going ahead with the _____ of the 2000 year old Buddha statue.
(a) accusation, pulverization (b) outrage, destruction
(c) contention, shattering (d) concurrence, leveling
58) Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase given in bold.
The poet drew on his fancy not his knowledge of nature, when he wrote his poem on birds.
(a) Used his imagination (b) Used his aptitude
(c) Used his understanding (d) Used his skill
59) Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase given in bold.
Very ambitious people do not like to rest on their laurels.
(a) Be impatient (b) Be motivated
(c) Be unhappy (d) Be complacent
60) Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase given in bold.
They made no bones about acknowledging their debt to his genius.
(a) Demanded compensation for (b) Did not have any faith in
(c) Did not have any hesitation in (d) Had problems in
61) Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase given in bold.
During the last moments of his life, the criminal made a clean breast of everything he had done.
(a) Confessed without reserve (b) Fought for
(c) Showed his contempt to (d) Faced bravely
Sample paper for KMAT contains some more questions
62) In the following question five sentences A, B, C, D and E are given. You have to arrange them in a logical order to make a coherent paragraph.
A. During the first four decades of our independence, our exports of manufactured goods grew at an annual rate of 0.1 percent until 1985; as a result, India’s share of world trade fell by four-fifths, or 80 percent, from 1947 to 1987.
B. So our ideas of self-reliance combined a Nehruvian concern for distributive social justice with a profound mistrust of the international economic forces that had enslaved the country for 200 years.
C. For years, India seemed perversely proud of its declining foreign trade.
D. This was perhaps understandable in the post-colonial context, because India’s closed and statistic economic policies were principally a political and cultural reaction to British imperialism.
E. After all, the East India Company had come to trade and stayed on to rule.
(a) ADEBC (b) CADEB (c) CDEAB (d) ADECB
63) In the following question a sentence has been written in four different ways. Choose the sentence which corresponds to the correct usage of standard written English.We want the trainer to be him who has the best knowledge about the subject and the most superior communication skills.
(a) We want him to be the trainer who has the best knowledge about the subject and the most superior communication skills.
(b) We want the trainer to be he who has the best knowledge about the subject and the most superior communication skills.
(c) We want the trainer to be him who has the best knowledge about the subject and the most superior communication skills.
(d) We desire that the trainer be him who has the best knowledge about the subject and the most superior communication skills.
64) In the following question a sentence has been written in four different ways. Choose the sentence which corresponds to the correct usage of standard written English.
The government’s failing to keep its pledges will have the effect of earning distrust from all the other nations in the region.
(a) The government’s failing to keep its’ pledges will have the effect of earning distrust from all the other nations in the region.
(b) The government is failing to keep it’s pledges will have the effect of earning distrust from all the other nations in the region.
(c) The government’s failing to keep its pledges will have the effect of earning distrust from all the other nations in region.
(d) The government’s failing to keep its pledges will have the effect of earning distrust from all the other nations in the region.
65) There are two blanks in the following sentence. From the pairs of words given, choose the one that fills the blanks most appropriately. The first word in the pair should fill the first blank.
It is an orgy of destruction, an _____agony, a _____ on our species and a curse of our predicament that we prepare for war even as we long for peace.
(a) unmitigated, smirch
(b) implied, damn
(c) unshakable, demon
(d) unforeseen, devil
66) Choose the option that is closest in meaning to the capitalized word.
(a) Languid (b) Credit (c) Rhythm (d) Effluence
67) Choose the option that is closest in meaning to the capitalized word.
(a) Phony (b) Respite (c) Trite (d) Elaborate
68) Choose the option that is most opposite in meaning to the capitalized word.
(a) Ethereal (b) Eternal (c) Evanescent (d) Exigent
69) Choose the option that is most opposite in meaning to the capitalized word.
(a) Lavish (b) Successful (c) Prudent (d) Harmonious
70) Five sentences are given below, labeled A, B, C, D and E. They need to be arranged in a logical order to form a coherent paragraph/passage. From the given options, choose the most appropriate one.
A. Using biofuels made from corn, sugar cane and soya could have a greater environmental impact than burning fossil fuels, according to experts.
B. Although the fuels themselves emit fewer greenhouse gases, they all have higher costs in terms of bio-diversity loss and destruction of farmland.
C. The EU has proposed that 10% of all fuel used in transport should come from biofuels by 2020 and the emerging global market is expected to be worth billions of dollars a year.
D. But the new fuels have attracted controversy.
E. The problems of climate change and the rising cost of oil have led to a race to develop environment-friendly biofuels, such as palm oil or ethanol derived from corn and sugar cane.
(a) DECBA (b) ABCED (c) ABECD (d) CEDBA
71) The idiom given below is followed by four alternatives. Choose the option which best expresses its meaning.Get down to brass tacks
(a) To begin to talk in plain, straightforward terms
(b) To begin to discuss secret matters
(c) To start unraveling the mystery
(d) To get into the thick of a problem
72) The idiom given below is followed by four alternatives. Choose the option which best expresses its meaning.
Ride hell for leather
(a) To work hard for a small accomplishment (b) To adopt false means to succeed
(c) To ride with furious speed (d) To earn money by all means
73) In the following question, a related pair of words is followed by four pairs of words. Select the pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
MOSAIC : TILE ::
(a) Document : Author (b) Portrait : Paint
(c) Fabric : Tapestry (d) Coverlet : Cloth
74) In the following question four sentences A, B, C and D are given. You have to arrange them in a logical order to make a sensible paragraph.
A. Still, Sophie might need open-heart surgery later in life and would be more prone to respiratory infections.
B. But with the news that his infant daughter Sophie has a hole in her heart, he appears quite vulnerable.
C. While the condition sounds bad, it is not life threatening, and frequently corrects itself.
D. Sylvester Stallone has made millions and built a thriving career out of looking invincible.
(a) DCAB (b) DBAC (c) DBCA (d) DCBA
75) Choose the option that fills the blanks in the sentence below most appropriately. In the absence of native predators to stop the spread of their population, the imported goats _____ to such an inordinate degree that they over-grazed the countryside and _____ the native vegetation.
(a) suffered, abandoned (b) propagated, cultivated
(c) thrived, threatened (d) dwindled, eliminated
You may also like to visit:-
For more information CLICK HERE