- The Test consists of 37 Multiple Choice type questions to be answered in 45 minutes
- Choose the Correct Option and record the answer on the separate answer sheet provided.
- For every correct answer the candidate is awarded with “1” mark
- There will be negative marks of .25.
Directions (1-6): Spot the Synonyms of the Words given among the Options
(a) Authenticate (b) Penetrate (c) Leverage (d) Obstinate
(a) Intimation (b) Intimidation (c) Imitation (d) Limitation
(a) Stage (b) Past Tense of GO (c) Opening (d) End
(a)retaliation (b) Violence (c) rudiment (d) Hurdle
(a) Challenge (b) Miserable (c) Deny (d) Disobey
(a) Inflexible (b) Bitter (c) Good Natured (d) Disguisedly Sarcastic
Directions ( 7-12) : Spot the Antonyms of the Words given among the Options
(a) Abdicate (b) Renounce (c) Possess (d) Deny
(a)Active (b)Dormant (c) Sluggish (d) Weak
(a)Dependable (b)Liable (c) Innocent (d)Irresponsible
(a) Free (b)Honest (c) Liberal (d) Frank
(a) Priceless (b)Cheap (c) Free (d) Worthless
(a) Vocation (b)Destruction (c) Pacification (d) Peace
Directions ( 13- 14) Give one word substitute for the given sentence
13. That which cannot be corrected
(a) Illegible (b) Unintelligible (c) Incredible (d) Incorrigible
14. Extreme old age when a man behaves like a fool
(a) Senility (b) Serenity (c) Superannuation (d) Dotage
15. If selling price is doubled, the profit triples. Find the profit percent.
(a) 66.66 (b) 100 (c) 50 (d) 120
16. A vendor bought toffees at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he sell to gain 20%?
(a) 3 (b) 4 (c) 5 (d) 6
17. A shopkeeper sells some toys at Rs. 250 each. What percent profit does he make? To find the answer, which of the following information given in Statements I and II is/are necessary?
I. Number of toys sold. II. Cost price of each toy.
(a) I (b) II (c) I&II both (d)None
18. The cube root of .000216 is:
(a) 0.6 (b)0.06 (c) 0.006 (d)0.003
Directions (19 – 23) Study the following line graph and answer the questions. The graph the ratio of the amounts of imports by a company to the amount of exports from that company over the period from 1995 to 2001.
19. If the imports in 1998 was Rs. 250 crores and the total exports in the years 1998 and 1999 together was Rs. 500 crores, then the imports in 1999 was ?
(a) Rs.250 Cr (b)Rs. 300 Cr (c) Rs.357 Cr (d)Rs.420 Cr
20. The imports were minimum proportionate to the exports of the company in the year ?
(a) 1995 (b)1996 (c) 1997 (d)2000
21. If the imports of the company in 1996 was Rs. 272 crores, the exports from the company in 1996 was ?
(a) Rs.370 Cr (b)Rs. 280 Cr (c) Rs.320 Cr (d)Rs.275 Cr
22. What was the percentage increase in imports from 1997 to 1998 ?
(a) 72 (b)56 (c) 28 (d)none
23. In how many of the given years were the exports more than the imports ?
(a) 1 (b)2 (c) 3 (d)4
24.Raman is sitting to the immediate left of Harry but not next to Kamal. Mahesh is sitting to the right of Kamal. If the four friends are sitting in a circle who is sitting to the immediate right of Harry?
(a) Mahesh (b) Kamal (c) Raman (d) Harry
25. How many three letter meaningful English words can be formed from the word NOTE beginning with ‘T’ and without repeating any letter?
(a) Three (b) One (c) Two (d) None
26. Look at this series: 7, 10, 8, 11, 9, 12, … What number should come next?
(a) 7 (b) 10 (c) 12 (d) 13
27. A grocer has a sale of Rs. 6435, Rs. 6927, Rs. 6855, Rs. 7230 and Rs. 6562 for 5 consecutive months. How much sale must he have in the sixth month so that he gets an average sale of Rs. 6500?
(a) Rs.4991 (b) Rs.5991 (c) Rs.6001
28.Here are some words translated from an artificial language. gorblflur means fan belt. pixngorbl means ceiling fan.arthtusl means tile roof. Which word could mean “ceiling tile”?
(a) gorbltusl (b) flurgorbl (c) arthflur (d) pixnarth
29. Which word is the Odd man out ?
(a)unique (b) beautiful (c) rare (d) exceptional
30. Look at this series: F2, __, D8, C16, B32, … What number should fill the blank?
(a)A16 (b) G4 (c) E4 (d) E3
31. A sum fetched a total simple interest of Rs. 4016.25 at the rate of 9 %.p.a. in 5 years. What is the sum?
(a)Rs.4462.50 (b) Rs.8032.50 (c) Rs.8900 (d) Rs. 8925
32. Find the odd man out in the series : 3, 5, 11, 14, 17, 21
(a)21 (b) 17 (c) 14 (d) 3
33. The sum of ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 3 years each is 50 years. What is the age of the youngest child?
(a)4yrs (b) 8yrs (c) 10yrs (d) none
34. A shopkeeper expects a gain of 22.5% on his cost price. If in a week, his sale was of Rs. 392, what was his profit?
(a)Rs.18.20 (b) Rs.70 (c) Rs.72 (d) Rs.88.25
35. If A + B means A is the mother of B; A – B means A is the brother B; A % B means A is the father of B and A x B means A is the sister of B, which of the following shows that P is the maternal uncle of Q?
(a) Q – N + M x P (b) P + S x N – Q (c) P – M + N x Q (d) Q – S % P
36. A, P, R, X, S and Z are sitting in a row. S and Z are in the centre. A and P are at the ends. R is sitting to the left of A. Who is to the right of P ?
(a)A (b) S (c) X (d) Z
37. If South-East becomes North, North-East becomes West and so on. What will West become?
(a)North East (b) North West (c) South East (d) South West