SAMPLE PAPER OF BASIC ELECTRONICS
- The fan-out of a MOS-logic gate is higher than that of TTL gates because of? State reason.
Reason: Because of its high input impedance the fan out of a mos logic gate is higher than that of TTL gates.
2. Explain why a capacitor and an inductor can act as filtering components.
A capacitor is an electrical device that consists of two conductive plates separated by an insulator called the dielectric. the plates are made up of metal like aluminium. some different metal plates are also used is the measure of a capacity to store an electric charge on its plates. The unit of measure for capacitance is the farad. For this reason they can be used as filtering components.
3. How will you define power conversion efficiency of an output stage ?
The Power gain is defined as the ratio of output signal power to that of input signal power. the power conversion efficiency of the output stage is directly dependent on the input and output power.
4. Write down four applications of a diode.
The four applications of a diode is : Power conversion,Over-voltage protection,Ratio demodulation,temperature measuring.Diodes can be combined with other components to construct AND and OR logic gates. This is referred to as diode logic.
5.explain about BJT.
A bipolar junction transistor is a type of transistor that relies on the contact of two types of semiconductor for its operation.Charge flow in a BJT is due to bidirectional diffution of charge carriers.Their operation deals with the movement of electrons and holes.
6. How many basic gates are there.Name all basic gates.
There are three basic gates. 1. AND 2. OR 3. NOT
7. What is power factor? explain
The power factor is defined as the ratio of the real power flowing to the load to the apparent power. Real power is the capacity of the circuit for performing work in a particular time. Apparent power is the product of the current and voltage of the circuit.
8. What is the not allowed condition for For NOR circuit SR flip flop ?
When S=R=1 the output is subject to unpredictable behaviour when S and R return to 0 .this is the not allowed condition.
9. Transistor is a
(A) Current controlled current device.
(B) Current controlled voltage device.
(C) Voltage controlled current device.
(D) Voltage controlled voltage device.
Ans : (A)
The output current depends on the input current
10. In Boolean algebra A + AB
(A) A + BA
(B) AB+ BA
(C) A + B
(D) AA +BA
Ans 🙁 C )
A.1+A B= A (1+B) +A B = A + AB +A B = A+B (A +A) = A+B
11. Which parameters is used for distinguishing between a small signal and a large-signal amplifier?
The Input/output impedance are used for distinguishing between a small signal and a large-signal amplifier.
12. A single phase diode bridge rectifier supplies a highly inductive load. The load current can be assumed to be ripple free. what will be waveform?
The ac supply side current waveform will be square.
13.Most of linear ICs are based on the two transistor differential amplifier because of what reason?
Most of linear ICs are based on the two transistor differential amplifier because of High CMRR ratio.
14.What is the overall bandwidth of two identical voltage amplifiers connected in cascade ?
The overall bandwidth of two identical voltage amplifiers connected in cascade will Be worse than that of a single stage.
15.When a sinusoidal voltage wave is fed to a Schmitt trigger, what will be output ?
When a sinusoidal voltage wave is fed to a Schmitt trigger the output will be asymmetric square wave.