SAMPLE QUESTIONS OF MICROPROCESSOR
- Explain the relative addressing mode and string addressing mode with its syntax in 8086.
- Draw and explain in detail about the architecture of 8086.
- Explain the few assembler directives with suitable examples
- Write an 8086 ALP to find the largest element in an array elements
- Explain the data transfer group and logical group of 8086 instructions
- Explain the 8086 interrupt types in detail.
- Draw and explain the block diagram of traffic light control system with program.
- Briefly explain the concept of DMA
- Explain the logic instructions in 8051 with an example for each
- In 8086 microprocessor one of the following statements is not true.
a) Coprocessor is interfaced in MAX mode
b) Coprocessor is interfaced in MIN mode
c) I/O can be interfaced in MAX / MIN mode
d) Supports pipelining
Long Questions(any five):
A. Draw and explain the diagram to interface a stepper motor with a 8051 microcontroller. Also write an ALP to run the stepper motor in both forward and reverse direction with delay
B. What are the functions of segment register? What are the functions of general purpose register?
C. Define a MACRO. What is MACRO expansion? What are the types of Multiprocessor configuration?
D. Define interrupts. And explain interrupt in 8051.
E. Draw the Block diagram of 8279 and explain the functions of each block.
F. What is the use of LATCH signal on the data lines? What is the need for MN/MX pin in 8086 system?