Scholastic Assessment Test or SAT is a standardized test for those candidates who want to pursue an undergraduate course from USA. This exam tests the thinking ability and logical reasoning of the candidate. The purpose of this exam is to evaluate the reading, writing and mathematical skills of a candidate. A thorough SAT preparation is needed to cross the threshold boundary of this exam.
SAT exam is divided into SAT Reading Test and SAT subject based test.
SAT Reasoning Test
The current SAT Reasoning test takes 3 hours and 45 minutes to finish. This test has 3 parts, each scoring 800 marks.The SAT Reasoning Test is divided into three parts:-
1) Critical Reading– In the Critical Reading section, questions on English passage and sentence completion are asked. There are total 67( 19 and 48) questions being asked. A duration of 25 minutes is allotted for this section. Total weightage of this section is 800 marks.
2) Mathematics– Mathematics has also 3 parts. This section has 44 multiple choice questions and 10 grid in questions. This is the hardest part of this section. Students undergo extensive SAT preparation to clear it.Time duration for two parts is 25 minutes each and one part is 20 minutes. This section has a total weightage of 800 marks.
3) Writing– This section as an essay type question and 49 multiple choice question. Candidates reading speed and interpretation ability is tested Time allotted for this question is 25 minutes and total weightage of this section is 800 marks.
SAT Subject Based Test
Subject based test is a one hour timed test and consists of 20 multiple choice questions about one particular subject chosen by the student.
Subject Based Test is available for the following subjects:-
- US History
- World History
- Modern Hebrew
In this test each subject has different maximum marks.
SAT Reasoning Test– The cost of SAT Reasoning Test is $50( $80 international).
SAT Subject Based Test-
- Basic Registration Fee(per Registration)-$24.50
- Language with listening tests-add $24
- all other SAT subject tests- add $13
Please post you comments below-