The University of Sheffield is a research university based in the city of Sheffield in South Yorkshire, England. It had received its royal charter in 1905 as a successor to the Sheffield Medical School and the University College of Sheffield. The University of Sheffield offers a range of scholarships for the Indian students who are able to show an exceptional academic potential for starting a postgraduate Taught Masters programme at the University of Sheffield.
India Sheffield Scholarships
University of Sheffield offers the India Sheffield Scholarship to all the Indian students starting a Taught Masters programme.
The scholarships available here are:
- £ 1,000 each for the students who are studying Nanotechnology courses (jointly run with the University of Sheffield)
- £ 1,500 each for the students who are paying fees between £ 13,390 – £ 15,410
- £ 2,000 each for the students who are paying fees of £ 15,411 and upwards
Eligibility and Award Criteria:
- The candidate must hold an offer of a study place and begin their postgraduate Taught Masters programme.
- The candidates must be an Indian national or permanently domiciled in India.
- They must be self – funding and classified as overseas for the fee purposes.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
- The scholarships are for the full – time and also the part – time students only. The students who are studying via Distance Learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
India Merit Postgraduate Scholarships (£ 7,000)
There are ten India Merit Postgraduate Scholarships which are available for the Indian students starting their postgraduate taught Master Degree studies.
Each scholarship is worth £ 7,000 of their postgraduate taught Masters Degree tuition fee per year, for one year of study. The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
To be eligible for the India Merit Postgraduate Scholarship, applicants must be an Indian national or permanently domiciled in India, and should apply for a study place and hold an offer of a study place for entry.
The India Merit Scholarships are awarded on the basis of the academic merit.
If a candidate wishes to be considered for the scholarship they need to apply explicitly, the eligible students will automatically be sent details of how to apply.
Applicants cannot apply for the scholarship before being offered a study place at Sheffield.
Management School – MSc and MBA scholarships
The Management School offers MSc and MBA scholarships worth up to £ 2000. These scholarships will be awarded on the merit basis.