MMBS has become very popular medical course and millions of students all across the world appear to the entrance exam to get admission in reputed medical colleges and universities all across the world. Some medical colleges offer direct admission but you may have to pay cost for it. Some students don’t get selected and even don’t afford the fee of private colleges or the colleges that offer direct admission. In these situations, things become worse.
The medical education has become costlier in India with many private medical institutions hiking their fees to the exuberant amount. In such cases, it becomes difficult for the students from normal background to pursue their dream course. As the complete education fee for MBBS is not affordable for many middle-class families, the students can opt for scholarships that will help them complete their dream course without much financial burden.
Here in this guide we have mentioned all the scholarship programs like need based scholarship, fellowship to medical students in India, fellowship to study abroad, fellowship to pursue MBBS in India and much more. Different types of scholarships are given by NGOs, government, private bodies, NGOs and many educational institutes.
- IOCL Scholarship: It is offered to the students pursuing their 1st-year MBBS course. IOCL offers financial assistance to students on merit basis with less than 1lakhs rupees annual income. It is provided by Indian Oil. If annual income is less than 60000, then preference will be given to you. Selected candidates will get 3000 INR per month for four years.
- MOMA Scholarship: The Ministry of Minority Affairs Govt. of India offers scholarships to students from minority community pursuing MBBS. If family annual income is less than 2.5 lakh. The selected candidates will get full course fee as compensation after getting selected in any medical college.
- North South Foundation Scholarship: It is offered to students pursuing professional courses with annual income less than 65,000. You will get scholarship in the range of 5K to 15 K per year and its all depend on the performance.
- Gordon Signy Fellowship: It is the scholarship available for students from around the world pursuing MBBS.
- Ishan Uday Scholarship: It is issued by the HRD department of Indian Government for students from North Eastern states of India.
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme: It is provided by the Indian Government to children of widows and ex-servicemen (Armed forces).
- Central Sector Scholarship Program: if you are among the students who have taken admission in first year of UG course in any university or college in India, you are eligible for this scholarship. You will get 2000 INR per month for 3 years and 2000 INR per month in last 4th year If your family annual income is less than 6 Lakh, you are eligible for it.
Other than that, many institutions like LIC, ONGC, NTPC, etc. offers scholarships for medical courses. Students need to check the details and apply for it before it expires.
Hope you like the post, do comment if you have any query regarding Scholarships for MBBS and medical students.