TATA INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (TISS)
Tata Institute for Social Science is a institute for Social Work and its main campus is located in DEONER and MUMBAI. The main objective of TISS is social welfare through academic excellence and provide post graduate course in social work.
HISTORY:-TISS was established in year 1936 and named as Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work but in year 1994 it was renamed as its current name as TISS (Tata Institute of Social Science). In year 1964 it was recognized as Deemed University by University Grants Commission of India. The first director of TISS was Dr Clifford Manshardt.
Admission at TISS, Mumbai:-
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree of a minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent from a recognized university, in any discipline.
- In some cases, admission to all the master’s degree programs will be provisional according to the terms of admission. If a provisionally admitted student fails in the final year examination, the offer of provisional admission automatically stands cancelled
- Candidates who are not in their final year bachelor’s degree program are not eligible to apply for admission to any of the master’s degree
- Candidates who have been declared as failed in the final year examination are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates can apply to any one campus. Transfers between the campuses are not permitted.
Paper Pattern for TISS
- It consists of 50 objective type questions an each correct answer carries one mark.
- The entrance test will be of one hour (60 minutes) duration.
- Total marks for this will be 50 marks.
- There will be no negative marks for the wrong answers.
- The written test has three sections.
|SECTION||TOPIC||NO of QUESTION|
|Section A||Analytical and Numerical Ability||15|
|Section B||Language Ability||20|
|Section c||Awareness of General and Social Issues||15|
- Candidates applying to the various MA programs are required to appear for a Written Test. They will participate in a Group Discussion and appear for a Personal Interview both of 50 marks.
- The eligibility criteria and the pattern of TISS is discussed. Goodluck!!!!
Courses Offered:-TISS offered huge number of courses MBA Specialization. List of the courses are given below.
- Social work (SW)
- Disability Studies and Action (DSA)
- Development Studies (DS),
- Education (Elementary) (EE)
- Counseling (CL)
- Women’s Studies (WS)
- Human Resources Management and Labour Relations (HRM)
- Social Entrepreneurship (SE)
- Globalization and Labor (GL)
- Public Health – Health Policy, Economics and Finance (PHHP)
- Public Health – Social Epidemiology (PHSE)
- Health Administration (HE)
- Hospital Administration (HO)
- Habitat Policy and Practice (HPP)
- Disaster Management (DM)
- Media and Cultural Studies (MCS)
TISS Mumbai is a well known college which provide post graduate course in Social Education. It is a fast growing institute among all the TISS institute in INDIA. Candidate who aspire for post graduation in Social Work can go to TISS Mumbai where student enhance their knowledge in a better way.