A SHORT PREVIEW ON IGNOU
This is a national distance learning university located in IGNOU road, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, India. It was named after our former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, the university was established in 1985 with a budget of 20 billion Indian rupees when our government passed the Indira Gandhi National Open University Act. IGNOU has grown and now offers over 130 programs and has more than 58 regional centers and 1804 study centers for providing support to academic counseling of IGNOU students. Moreover, it also offers some programs in 46 overseas centers prominently in Africa and Asia. This University was established with the prime objective of democratizing higher education by promoting Open University and distance education system in the country. IGNOU enhances not only on uplifting the teaching quality and evaluation but also put stress on research level systems and grants allocation to various distance education institutions in the country.
IGNOU offers educational programme that are considered as par with the education provided by any other institutes of our country. The University offers numerous courses in emerging professions and vocational fields. It portrays almost all the levels of formal education which includes certificate, PG certificate, diploma, PG diploma, advanced diploma, Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral programs. IGNOU has also formed an International Cell which is responsible for the enrollment of foreign students. The University has been recognized as a Center of Excellence by the Commonwealth of Learning for promoting and maintaining the standards of distance education worldwide.
IGNOU has adopted a multimedia approach as a method of instruction. Self-instructional materials, counseling sessions, both face-to-face and teleconferencing models are the various components of instruction. It has made special arrangements to enable students to undertake practical classes at selected study centers for imparting practical skills in Science, Computers, Nursing as well as Engineering and Technology. IGNOU has a two-tier evaluation system which consists of term-end examinations and continuous evaluation through tutor-marked / computer-based assignments, practical assignments and project work. All these steps towards development have marked its progress.
The various fields of education in IGNOU:-
- Journalism and New Media Studies
- School of Social Sciences
- Gender and Development Studies
- Tourism Hospitality Service
- Interdisciplinary and Trans-disciplinary Studies
- Continuing Education
- Social Work
- Engineering & Technology
- Vocational Education and Training
- Management Studies
- Extension and Development Studies
- Health Sciences
- Foreign Languages
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Translation Studies and Training
- Performing and Visual Arts
Distance learning at IGNOU
The courses offered are more affordable as compared to the regular courses .Distance education does not need you to attend college or lectures saving your time. It also makes your dreams of getting higher education with your jobs successful. Due to lucrative nature of all the processes and helping faculty learning at IGNOU is more interesting. Flexibility to choose the courses as per the demand of profession is another major advantage.This has fulfilled the dreams for aspiring students residing at rural areas where there is no way to study.
IGNOU Distance Education Courses:
1. Masters of Business Administration (MBA):- This is a 2 years course and anyone with valid graduation degree in any discipline is eligible to apply for the course. For going for MBA in Banking and Finance candidate should have cleared CAIIB examination conducted by Indian Institute of Bankers wherein he should possess necessary credentials and membership of the same. In addition, he/she should be working in banking or finance sector for past two years.
2. Advanced Diploma in Construction Management (ADCM):- This course is designed for minimum 2 years and maximum 5 years where desired candidate should possess 3 years Diploma certificate of Engineering from a recognized polytechnic institute and should be employed or self employed. After completion of this course, One has option for further B.Tech degree also.
3. M. A. (Electronics, Media production and Management):- Duration of the course is 4 years divided in 4 semesters and candidate who possesses Bachelors degree in any field with 55% marks is eligible to apply. Admissions are granted only once in a year through entrance test having mix of subjective and multiple-choice questions.
4. P.G. Diploma in Management:- Course is for 2 years with graduation as eligibility criteria and all the admissions are processed through OPEN MAT entrance test conducted. With this exam, candidates are eligible to apply for PG Diploma in Marketing Management (P.G.D.M.M), PG Diploma in Human Resource Management (P.G.D.H.R.M) PG diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM) and for other branches, certain other prerequisites are also required.
Admissions’ for Distance learning courses:
The schedule for admissions for various Distance Education programs offered IGNOU:-
- For Management Programmes admission announcements are issued twice a year March/April and September/October. Entrance Tests are held twice a year.
- For BA (Bachelor of Arts), B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce), B.Sc (Bachelor of Science), BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications), BTS (Bachelor of Tourism Studies), MA (English), MA (Hindi) admission announcements are done by May/June session.
- Admission to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT), Advanced Diploma in Information Technology (ADIT) programmes are available through a national entrance test, which is conducted on the first Sunday of August
- For Commonwealth Executive Master of Business Administration (CEMBA) and Commonwealth Executive Master of Public Administration (CEMPA) the advertisements are issued in April and October every year for the entrance tests to be held in May and November for July and January Session respectively.
- For Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme and all Certificate Programmes (Except Certificate in Rural Surgery(CRS) and Certificate in Teaching of Primary School Mathematics(CTPM) there is walk-in-admissions throughout the year. Application forms submitted between 01 June and 30 November will be considered for January session while applications received between 01 December and 31 May will be considered for July session.
- For Doctoral programmes, application forms submitted between 01 April and 30 September are considered for January session while applications received between 01 October and 31 March is considered for July session.
- For all other programmes admission announcements are issued in May/June and the last date for submission of filled-in application forms is 15 September. The academic session starts from 01 January.
IGNOU provides 1000 courses for students and in various levels like the certification program, diploma, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, PhD, M.Phil etc in various fields. It also provides other courses like:-
UNDER GRADUATE DEGREE COURSES:-The various Undergraduate Degree Programs (generally of 2/3/4 years duration) offered by the Institution. List also includes professional courses such as BA, B.Com, B.Sc, BBA, LLB etc.
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA COURSES
Courses on various Postgraduate Diploma Programs offered by the Institution
POST GRADUATE COURSES
Courses on various Postgraduate Programs (such as MA, M.Sc, MBA, etc.) offered by the Institution.
Education on various Research Programs such as Master of Philosophy (M.Phil), Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) offered by the Institution.
Students taking admission for the various courses in IGNOU need to know the fee structure for their course. Since it is impossible to give the fees structure for all the 1000 courses provided by IGNOU, here is some important fees structure for regular courses offered.
1. For the MBA course students have to pay Rs. 1000 /- per course and the total courses are 21.
2. For the MCA course the fees are Rs. 81, 00/- for 1st semester and Rs. 1000 for CS -60 for non -math’s, Rs. 8000 per semester from 2nd semester.
3. For the M.Com course the fee structure is Rs. 9,700
4. For M.Tech the course fee is Rs. 240,460
5. For B.Tech course the fee structure is Rs 47,340 each for the 1st and 2nd year and Rs. 33,660 each for the 3rd and the 4th year.
PARTNER INSTITUTES OF IGNOU:-
IGNOU has a number of partner institutes in the South East Asian Countries that offer IGNOU programs in the region.
The University Of Distance Education 47-A, Inya Raod, Kamayut Township, Yangon
Tel: 00951-530546 ; Fax: 00951-512865
Courses Offered: Certificate In Computing (CIC), Bachelor in Computer Applications (BCA), Bachelor in Information Technology (BIT), Certificate in Tourism Studies (CTS), Bachelor in Tourism Studies (BTS), Bachelor Preparatory Program (BPP), Bachelor of Library & Information Sciences (BLIS), Diploma In Management (DIM), Post Graduate Diploma in Distance Education (PGDDE), Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education (PGDHE)
Hanoi Open University
B-101, Ta Quang Buu, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi, VIETNAM
Courses Offered: Certificate In Computing (CIC), Bachelor in Computer Applications (BCA), DTS, Bachelor in Tourism Studies (BTS), BA, MADE, Diploma In Management (DIM), Post Graduate Diploma in Distance Education (PGDDE), Master of Business Applications (MBA), Bachelor in Information Technology (BIT), Certificate in Teaching of English (CTE)
Open Minds International
29, Mayo Street, Singapore –208 315
Tel: 0065-62946206 ; Fax: 0065-62955360
Contact Person: Mr. Vinod Wadhwa, Managing Director
Courses Offered: Certificate In Computing (CIC), Bachelor in Computer Applications (BCA), Bachelor in Tourism Studies (BTS), DTS, BA, MADE, Diploma In Management (DIM), Post Graduate Diploma in Distance Education (PGDDE), MP, Bachelor in Information Technology (BIT), Certificate in Teaching of English (CTE)
International Education Programmes College (IEP)
Wisma Aldiron (Master of Business Applications (MBA)U)
J1. Gatat Subroto Kav. 72, Pancoran, Jakarta Selatan
Contact Person : Mr. Sameer Seth
Courses Offered: Certificate In Computing (CIC), Bachelor in Computer Applications (BCA), Master of Computer Applications (MCA), Bachelor in Information Technology (BIT), BA, B.COM, Post Graduate Diploma in Distance Education (PGDDE), MP, Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM), PHDFM, PGDOM, PGDMM, Diploma In Management (DIM)
FOR MORE DETAILS…
New Delhi – 110 068
Phone: +91-11-29571000, 29535714, 29532741
Fax: +91-11-29533129, 29532686