Top 10 ICSE Schools in Uttaranchal
Uttrakhand, formerly Uttaranchal,is a state in the northern part of Uttarakhand is flanked by the majestic Himalayan mountain range in the north and the picturesque Shivaliks in the south. Apart from the quality educational institutes, the scenic location and pleasant weather have made Dehradun Education quite attractive. is often referred to as the “Land of the Gods” due to the many holy Hindu temples and pilgrimage centres found throughout the state. Uttarakhand is mainly known for its natural beauty of the Himalayas, the Bhabar and the Terai.The state is divided into two divisions,Garhwal and Kumaon, with a total of 13 districts. The provisional capital of Uttarakhand is Dehradun,, the largest city in the region, which is a railhead. The high court of the state is in Nainital.
TOP 10 ICSE SCHOOLS IN UTTARANCHAL
- Doon Cambridge School
- Unison World School
- St Mary Convent High School
- Mussorie International School
- The Selaqui School
- Hopetown Girls School
- Cambrian Hall
- Carman Residential and Day School
- Guru Nanak Academy
- Constancia school
1. Doon Cambridge School- Doon Cambridge School in Dehradun is one of the most well known Schools in India. The Doon Cambridge School founded in the year 1982 by Mr. WC Kashyap.The Doon Cambridge School is affiliated to ICSE (Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi) and ISC (+2) examination.The Doon Cambridge School comprises of the administrative building, the academic building, laboratories for science subjects and computers, residential zone, buildings for other multi-uses.Doon Cambridge School in Dehradun gives notice for admission in the newspapers. After registration the child has to go through a test. Admission is solely on the basis of merit and as per vacancies. Merit scholarships are given to the deserving candidates.
Address: Doon Cambridge School,20-E, Race Course,Dehradun – 248001,Uttarakhand, India .Phone: 91-135-622874, 625646
2. UNISON World School- Unison World School is an All Girl’s Residential School, offers quality education with finest accommodation and living facilities to students from Grades 4 to 12. The School is affiliated to the prestigious Council of Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi for (I.C.S.E & I.S.C) and follows their curriculum from Grades IV to XII.
Address Kirsali Greens, Mussoorie Diversion Road PO : Bhagawantpur Dehradun – 248 009, Uttarakhand, India Phone: +91 135 3000000, +91 9837022222
3.St. Mary Convent High School:St Mary’s High School, Nainital is a girls residential/ boarding and day School in Nainital, Uttaranchal, India providing public School education.St. Mary’s Convent was established by Mother Salesia Reiner in 1878. The institution is a Roman Catholic institution and run/managed by Sisters belonging to IBMV order. The School provides Schooling exclusively to girls from Prep to 12th under ICSE and ISC Board.
Address:St. Mary’s Convent High School Ramnee Park, Nainital Nainital 263002, Uttarakhand, India Phone: (5942)235364, 238239
4. Mussorie International School– Established in1984, Spread over an area of approximately 40 acres, beautifully forested with pine, deodar and other coniferous trees,MIS Campusis the fruit of the vision of Dr. H K Rawal. The Mussoorie International School aims to provide an atmosphere to develop the personality of each student, and to inculcate in the students an awareness of rich Indian cultural heritage. It hence provides an education, which is a happy blend of the traditional Indian Philosophy and Western Technology.
Address: Mussoorie International School
Srinagar Estate, Mussoorie -248179,
Phone: +91-135-2632763/ 2632007/ 2633352/2633289/2632370
5.The Selaqui School-The SelaQui School was established in October 2000 in Dehradun, a hill town in Uttar Pradesh (now in Uttrakhand). The founder, Mr. Om Pathak, is a former IAS officer of the Uttar Pradesh Cadre.SelaQui International School is the only fully boarding school in the northern hills stretching from Shimla to Nainital including Dehradun and Mussoorie that offers IB Diploma program of International Baccalaureate. As an international, co-educational residential school, it offers separate and modern hostels for girls and boys, one of its kinds in India.The school is affiliated with the Council of Indian Certificate of School Education ICSE (www.cisce.org) for class X and class XII examinations.The Selaqui school campus is located on the Dehradun – Chakrata Road, about 20 kms from Dehradun city center and within 5 hours drive of India’s Capital, New Delhi and 3 hours drive from Chandigarh, the garden city of India.
6.Hopetown Girls School-The primary objective at Hopetown Girls School is to make academics interesting and enjoyable to students. Harnessing their natural curiosity towards the joy of discovering knowledge. The Hopetown School ensures a student-teacher ratio of not more than 25 per class.The Hopetown School is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, offering ICSE and ISC examination in classes X and XII respectively.
Address:Hopetown Girls School
Rajawala Road (Off Chakrata Road 19th Milestone),
P.O. Selakui, Dehradun – 248197,
Phone: 0135-2698554, 0135-2698021-25.
7.Cambrian Hall-This is one of India’s premier private schools, and is located in the district of Dehradun, now the capital of Uttarakhand state in India.Cambrian Hall is a residential-cum day, co-educational English Medium School and has all modern infrastructural facilities making it an international Standards School; it is certified by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (ISCE), New Delhi.Cambrian Hall is located close to the Indian Military Academy and Forest Research Institute of India. Founded in 1954 by Col. Shashi Shumshere Jung Bahadur Rana, the school is now run by a board, which comprises members of the founding family, educators, and prominent citizens.
Address:Cambrian Hall School
13, Young Road,
Dehradun – 248001, Uttarakhand, India
Phone: +(91)-(135)-2753215 / 2753589
8.Carman Residential and Day School-Carman Residential and Day School was founded on 3rd March 1960 by Mr and Mrs I. L. G. Mann in the backdrop of Himalayan Range in Doon Valley, Uttarakhand, India.It is an Institution recognised by the Government as a Co-Educational Anglo Indian Institution and is open to all Nationalities, casts and creeds without any reservation. The School is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE), New Delhi.
Address:Carman Residential and Day School Shyampur, Premnagar Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India Tel: +91-0135-2773381, +91-0135-2773383
9.St. Joseph Academy-
St. Joseph’s Academy was established by the Patrician Brothers in 1934. The school opened its doors to receive pupils on 2nd March 1934 with a staff of seven teachers and 15 students on roll. Bro. A. Keogh was the first Principal. Today, it has over 3400 students, 120 teachers and about 40 ancillary staff on roll.Till 1975, the school prepared students for the Senior Cambridge Examination (class XI). From the year 1976 onwards, we have been preparing students for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE-X) and the Indian School Certificate Examination (ISC-XII) which is conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi. Every year, our students who appear for these board examinations produce excellent results.
Address:St. Joseph’s CollegeTallital, Nainital, 263002 Uttarakhand, India
10.St. Joseph Academy-St. Joseph’s Academy, Dehradun is a high School in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. It was founded in 1934 and is governed by the members of the Patrician Brothers’ Institute. And it is known to be one of the best and oldest Schools of Dehradun.The School is located in the Shivalik Range in Uttarakhand. The School is situated just in the middle of the city and is located on Rajpur Road.It has the best infrastructural facility in School of Dehradun. The buildings are made from modern techniques. The School Auditorium, well equipped with the finest audio-visual features, is the most magnificent one in the Doon Valley.Admissions for these are done in July or August for the next year’s exams. Subjects offered include Home Science, Secretarial Practice, Typewriting, etc.
St. Joseph’s Academy
Rajpur Road, Dehradun-248001