Here is everything you should know about Anthropology Optional
Anthropology is a study of human evolution and mostly it emphasizes the tribal life of early humans. It is essential to study in depth and you can refer several sources available out there. Before you choose any optional subject for the UPSC Mains, it is always recommended to check the syllabus and proceed only if you are interested in the particular topic or else try other optional subjects whichever suits you.
How to start preparing for Anthropology Optional?
The syllabus of Anthropology is enormous and necessitates you to organize your study plans so that you can allot equal time for each topic. An organized and well-planned learning methodology will surely do wonders when you start early. As said earlier, the huge Syllabus of Anthropology cannot be completed in a short span of time and it suggested to begin early
Books that are best preparing Anthropology Optional
For Anthropology Paper 1, you can refer the books given below
- An Introduction to Social Anthropology written by N Majumdar and T.N. Madan
- Anthropological Theories
- Principles of Prehistoric archaeology
- Biological Anthropology
- Physical Anthropology P. Nath
Moreover, you can also refer books like Biology Class 12th N.CE.R.T and Introducing Sociology of N.C.E.R.T Class 11th for a precise and basic view.
Books that will come handy to prepare for UPSC Anthropology optional
- Prehistoric Indian Culture
- Indian Anthropology by Nadeem Hasnain
- Ancient India by R.S. Sharma
- Indian Society
- Indian Anthropology Nadeem Hasnain
- Tribal India
You can certainly go through the books mentioned above to acquire an in-depth knowledge about the UPSC Anthropology Optional subject.
Writing tips for Anthropology Optional in UPSC Mains Exam
- Social – Cultural Anthropology is quite difficult when compared to other parts of the Anthropology Optional subject
- We often tend to limit our perspective of society’s diverse concepts to relationships, emotions and celebrations around our circle
- However, this topic requires you to think out of the box which means that you should widen your thinking perspective to compare and contrast issues globally
- Including more examples and quoting case studies are the ad-ons and acts as the best Anthropology Optional Strategy for higher marks
- Practice is what makes us to do a job, task or anything perfect and this yet another Anthropology Optional Strategy
- Just practice writing and attend mock tests on a regular basis and it actually helps to you complete the exam on time
- Writing pattern and format should be proper and make sure that your writing follows a correct format that includes Intro, context and end your writing with a proper conclusion which includes your viewpoints.
- Add Titles, sub heading, diagrams and flowcharts to make your writing more presentable and understanding
Keep these things in mind while preparing for Anthropology Optional
- Initially, it is suggested to understand the nitty-gritty of Anthropology Optional subject and move further with preparation
- Make endeavors to interlink topics and have a common connection to remember facts and information
- Most of the aspirants from technical backgrounds like biology or engineering and this makes it hard in remembering the topics
Why Anthropology Optional is better than other subjects?
After toiling so much to clear the Prelims, the IAS aspirants will look out for easier ways to crack UPSC Mains and selecting the optional subjects play a major role in the preparations.
Many difficult topics from Anthropology optional subject has been eliminated to make the subjects easier. As far as the syllabus is concerned, it requires minor research and understanding. This is the main reason for students to pick UPSC Anthropology optional over others.
Is coaching required for Anthropology?
- Due to the demand and hype that UPSC exams create, several institutes have launched to assist the students in a proper way.
- If you are preparing for the very first time, then it is better to opt for a coaching institutes which provides the best courses
- Check out for the renowned institutes in and around your city and do a lot of research before you join an institute.
- It is actually good to get guidance from people who have trained several UPSC candidates before and they will certainly know much better than us.
- Best IAS Coaching in Hyderabad.
- Best IAS Coaching in Delhi.
- IAS Coaching in Bangalore.
- Top IAS Coaching in Mumbai.
- Best IAS coaching in Chandigarh
- Best IAS Coaching in Kolkata.
- Best IAS Coaching in Chennai.
IAS Notes UPSC Toppers group
Thats all about the Anthropology optional Strategy by UPSC topper. In case you need any Suggestion on Anthropology Optional Strategy for UPSC Mains , do ask us in the comment Section Below.