ASSAM TEACHER’S ELIGIBILITY TEST (TET)
WHAT IS ASSAM TET?
Teachers Eligibility Test or TET is an entrance examination held in India for the post of teachers in government schools . Assam Teacher’s Eligibility Test or Assam TET is organised every year to fill in teachers in various central government and state government schools of Assam.
The government of Assam in collaboration with Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhijan conducts the exams where suitable candidates are selected based on their knowledge and qualifications.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ASSAM TET
The candidate is an Indian citizen and a permanent resident of Assam.
He /She must possess be a graduate from a recognised university with B.T/B.Ed degree.
One must also have relevant qualifications for the subject applied.
EXAM SYLLABUS FOR ASSAM TET
Basically there are two papers ,Paper I and Paper II of 200 marks There would be objective type multiple choice questions. Mostly the topics to be seen are pedagogy, general English, basic Numericals, business , accounts,sales,advertising, physics,chemistry,bank ,biology,current affairs.
PART 1 -A) GENERAL STUDIES & CURRENT AFFAIRS :
- History and Culture of India with special focus on Assam history.
- The Political System of India with The Constitution .
- General Science & Technology
- Indian geography with focus on Assam’s geography.
- Indian Economics with spot on Assam’s economics.
- Reasoning,Mental Ability and Quantitative analysis
- Environment of India with spot on Assam’s environment.
- Indian secondary education & management .’
B) CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Matters of State of Assam
- National & international Importance
- Economic & Political developments happening
- Culture ,Art ,Literature
- Games,sports, scientific advancements.
PART II- PEDAGOGY & GENERAL ENGLISH
- PEDAGOGY– Teaching, learning process and Pedagogy:
- Principles and Maxims of Teaching
- Modern teaching learning process
- Major laws of learning and role of motivation
- Techniques & methods of teaching
- Skills for teaching
- Devices for teaching
- Educational objectives
- Lesson plan
- Teaching aid
0) PSYCHOLOGY OF EDUCATION
- Educational psychology applied in classroom ,its meaning and nature .
- Educational application of attention and interest
- Concept of Personality along with school and family’s role in personality development.
- Children with special needs and their education.
- Health and Hygiene of mind with adjustments.
- Nature & concept of Intelligence
0) ADOLESCENCE PSYCHOLOGY
- Importance of this phase
- Developments during adolescence -emotional, physical,intellectual, social
- Emotional issues
- Role of family and school for adolescence
- Developments risks
B) GENERAL ENGLISH
0) Remedial Grammar
Books for reference–
- Assam TET for Secondary Education Part I & II Exam Guide by RPH Editorial Board
- Popular Master Guide Assam TET for Secondary Education Part 1 & 2 by Ramesh Publishing House
- Best Book for CTET Exam Preparation
For any queries/feedback drop down your comments ..