Career Opportunities after B.Tech
Many of us think about, what will be the career opportunities after B.tech ? Everyone has this question in their minds but none get a answer which satisfy them completely. Actually, there are several career opportunities after B.Tech as one can go for the further higher studies or can also opt for a job. Other options are PSUs, MNCs, IAS/PCS etc.
After completing B.Tech, there are two main options-
- Go for higher studies as M.Tech, MBA etc
- Go for a job(Private or Government)
Since after B.Tech, one can be mature enough to take their own decision as per his interest. If your economically very strong, then you can compete in the exams like
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE)– GATE Exam is national level exam which is conducted for the admission in the M.Tech Courses of the top Indian Institutes.
- Common Admission Test(CAT)– CAT Exam is conducted by the IIMS for admission in MBA Program of various IIMs in India.
- Graduate Record Examination(GRE)– GRE Exam is conducted for admission in the Foreign Universities in M.S. Courses.
- Graduate Management Admission Test(GMAT)– GMAT Exam is conducted for admissions in MBA Program globally.
- Management Aptitude Test(MAT)– MAT Exam is conducted for the admission in various B- Schools.
- Xavier’s Aptitude Test(XAT)– XAT exam is conducted by XLRI for the admission in their MBA program.
- Union Public Service Commission(UPSC)– UPSC Exams are conducted for the IAS/PCS Exams as well as other such level exams.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language(TOEFL)– TOEFL Exam is conducted to check your English language which is must for the studies in Foreign Countries.
As for the second option, if you are interested in taking a job, then you are eligible enough after B.Tech to find a job for you. One can get the jobs in various fields like
- Software Industries
- Hardware Industries
- IT Industries and others too.
Along with these, there are also Government Jobs in the Public Sectors where one can apply and after clearing the exam, can get a job which will have more job security as compared to the private one.These all things depends only on the person, either he can go for the Master degree for strong hold over his learning or can try his gained skill in the Job.
These all Career Opportunities after B.Tech help you to enhance your gained skill as well as prepare you for a more competitive field ahead. There several Career Opportunities after B.Tech like these which are mentioned above.
Apart from these opportunities, one can also go for Journalism, Animation and other such fields wherever one finds his interest.
For Jobs, there are the options of On-Campus as well as Off-Campus opportunities to get a job.
Thus, we can conclude that there are several career opportunities after B.tech for the aspirant which he can follow as per his interest and comfort. But its all depend on them, where they want to be.
What to do after completing B.Tech?
According to Aristotle, ” The roots of education are bitter but the fruit is sweet”. Engineering is that branch of technology that deals with physics. Hence untill and unless one is educated properly cannot opt for science after 10th class. The pupils who study science in his higher secondary, can opt for B.tech, that is Bachelor of Enginnering. To become eligible in B.Tech one has to qualify in the Joint Entrance Examination. Those qualified students can take admission in any of the Engineering colleges.
Now, B.Tech has several branches like Civil Enginnering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and communication engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Information Technology, Instrumentation and Control Engineering etc. Basically engineering is derived from Physics,” THE MOTHER OF ALL SCIENCES”.
Prospects of engineering are as follows:-
- Designing various problems related to automation.
- Designing various circuits.
- Preparing different programs in software.
After completing B.Tech one can opt either for M.Tech or for MBA or for jobs.
How to get prepared for M.Tech?
While doing B.Tech a candidate of a final year or a passout student have to give Graduate Aptitude Test (GATE) examination. In this exam, one has to give answers on mathematics, english, some general knowledge, aptitude, reasoning and B.Tech subjects.
It is basically an online exam conducted in different areas within certain time limits. Each question carries 1 mark and also some question carries 2 marks. It has got some negative marks for wrong answers.
How to prepare for MBA?
MBA stands for Masters of Business Administration. After completing B.Tech one should qualify for Common Admission Test (CAT) exam. It is based on some management subjects, mathematics, english and general knowledge. The questions are little bit tricky though they are from the basics.
If a candidate qualify in CAT, then he can take admisssion in IIM which is one of the most famous institute for MBA. There are other colleges also where the other students who didn’t get chance in the top college can apply.
How to prepare for jobs?
In most of the engineering colleges on-campuss or pull-campus occurs from where many students are recruited. Other than this one also give exams for jobs from off-campus after the graduation.
In the job exams, the basic things needed are:-
- First one has to prepare his CV properly and need to carry all his documents from Madhyamik to B.Tech.
- Need to practice aptitude, reasoning, english and some technical questions.
- Need to practice vocabulary.
- Need to practice speaking in english fluently.
The following should be done during interview room:-
- One shouldn’t be nervous at all otherwise that will reflect in our expressions.
- One should enter into the room after taking permission.
- One should sit after taking permission.
- One should keep a smiling face.
- One should carry all the documents in a portfolio.
Decisions can vary from person to person. Now it depends on the human mentality or their personal view or their knowledge that what they will select. Since human beings are the most advanced creature on earth nothing is impossible to them since according to poet Audrey Hepburn, ” Nothing is impossible in life, as the word itself says, ‘I’m possible’.”