Changing Trends in Education in India
Digital trends have changed the countenance of education giving prominence to creation and creativity so as to neutralize education standards. In other words, digitalization of education is entirely a new phenomenon. It’s like do-it –yourself style (DIY) by exploiting new digital tools to make, share and learn across space and time. Education has just gone beyond class room teaching. Certain factors which has contributed to the changing trends in education. Massive online courses are modality of teaching which has propagated throughout higher education in such a rapid form that its quality and merit is largely unknown and it’s still evolving. You can also go through other general group discussion topics. Reasons for which students opt for online education –
- Without any additional resources most online courses can be completed. A person just needs a computer with Internet access and the best part is it requires almost nothing to complete.
- The instructions displayed are quite simple and easy to understand, which assures that a person can hardly go wrong following such easy instructions.
- They make sure to keep the curriculum up to a standard. It makes sure that one is taught what he /she need to learn, and it always provides the help one need. It makes the learning experience great and it’s an excellent way to get what one wants from his education.
Some of the negative impacts are- less direct contact, time commitment, less accountability, higher dropout rate.
Open source technology which is another important factor which has brought a change in
education. Open source concept has affected many fields of study, social and political views. It enables educational institutions to pool their financial and technical resources. This movement has increased transparency and liberty and seems to be more reliable. These are the few reasons to invest liberally in developing open source application software in order to work out a more cost-effective way to meet e-learning software challenges. Academia has adopted open source software so as to take some online learning initiatives as it addresses continuous technical challenges. Open source curricula are instructional resources whose digital source can be freely used, distributed and modified. Virtual universities, education portals, courseware are some of the effective ways by which potential for digitalization of education has been realised. Certain advantages of open source- absence of license fee, flexibility, service continuity, continuous improvement and tax benefits.
The main potential drawback of open source is realised during its implementation. For beginners, using it to its full potential might prove challenging. Source code availability will be irrelevant for end users if the product is not found useful. Also they are not always compatible with the existing software components. Second one, there are no guarantees that a project will reach completion and will deliver the results desired. Third one is loss of support which may be due to lack of commercial incentives which in turn reduces contributor’s enthusiasm.
Today’s Indian youth is more focused, target oriented as well as well-versed with upcoming needs. They accordingly opt for the type of education which is job-oriented, demand driven and unbiased for gender.
You may also like to visit :-
- Impact of Rupee Depreciation on Indian Economy
- Impact of FDI on India
- The Impact of MTV on Psyche
- Effect of Cinema on Youth
- Liberalization is leading to jobless Growth
Users can give their views in comment section regarding the “Changing Trends in Education“