WHAT IS THE JOB PROFILE OF DELHI POLICE CONSTABLE?
Staff Selection Committee is the body responsible for organizing recruitment exams for Delhi Police Constable. This post is permanent type of job hence if you are thinking to apply then leave your worries behind. The job profile given is Delhi police constable executive and with this word adds lot of things like the constable executive is given rights to take own decisions in some cases coz it is seen that generally constables are not allowed or given rights to take decisions.
A few lines about DELHI POLICE- It is the main body responsible for maintaining law and order of delhi which was established in 1854 and it upholds One of the largest police forces all over the globe.
So the basic job responsibilities include-
- As the constable executive he/she is responsible for taking charge on roads and act immediately if there is an incidence happened.
- One of the basic duty also involves ensuring the safety of citizens throughout hence the constable must take patrolling rounds to keep a check . ans also assisting your senior.
- Another primary duty says assisting or helping your senior officer in investigatibng cases or crime spots and suggesting further .
- As also lending assistance to your senior officer ,you as a constable executive also need to file daily basis reports and cases to deal .
- Apart from being on field duty you are also sometimes supposed to take charge on desk which includes filing paperwork in stations and write down reports of complaints by people coming and also their grievances.
- Being at the junior most level sometimes you are also asked to carry out multitasking .It means you are supposed to do work for others who are senior to you.
Basically this job is not too big and the promotion is also quite long as it takes around 15-20 years to get a single promotion that too will depend on the positions and conditions.
Organization conducting SSC Exams for police Recruitment
Staff Selection Committee is the body responsible for organizing Delhi Police constable recruitment. This committee organizes exams for two days and after the written exams clearance Physical and Measurement tests are held for both male and female candidates.
After clearing the written exam and selection the selected candidates are given appointments under revised pay scale.
WHO ALL ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE POST?
The candidate must have passed senior secondary level of examination from a recognised board .The age limit factor should range in between 18 to 21 years.
18 to 21 for constable male and 18 to 25 for constable female..
SALARY BRACKET OF DELHI POLICE CONSTABLE
The salary pay for Delhi Police Constable Executive for both male and female ranges from rs 5,200 to rs 20,200 .
EXAM SYLLABUS FOR DELHI POLICE CONSTABLE
If you are preparing for any examinations the syllabus is the most important part .
According to the new pattern there are 3 sections :
General Awareness for 50 marks
Reasoning for 35 marks
Numerical Ability for 15 marks
SYLLABUS FOR APTITUDE would include topics like Rate of Interest, Whole numbers, mixtures and allegations,profit and loss, number systems, table and bar charts, time and distance, time and work, ratio and proportions, data interpretations, pie and line chart, percentages.
SYLLABUS FOR REASONING will have topics like problem solving, visual memory, coding and decoding, non verbal series, decision making, number series, clocks and calendars, series of alphabets, arithmetical reasoning,directions,judgements, syllogistic reasoning, arrangements.
SYLLABUS FOR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE would include topics as Indian culture, International issues, world organizations, economic issues in India, new inventions,musical instruments, famous places in India, history and geography of India, tourism spots, sculptures, handicrafts, tribes, artists etc.
However after the written examinations the selection takes place through PHYSICAL STANDARDS TEST AND PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST. for both male and female candidates.
PREPARATION TIPS FOR DELHI POLICE EXAMS CONSTABLE
For preparing such exams you need to evaluate the subjects well in detail. Also know the aspects of the physical examinations as well.In the written exam reasoning is considered to be very important as it is a broad subject and contains too many subtopics.
You should start doing time based preparation as lot of subjects need to be covered so give a time limit for each subject.
Before you start preparing gather all related course materials for the exams as that will help you save time . As reasoning need loads of practice that should be started from the very first say.