GRE Subject Test is conducted to evaluate the knowledge of the candidates in a specific field of study. GRE Subject Test will be helping the candidates to prove themselves as the best among all by emphasizing their knowledge and skill level in specific areas. Though it is not a compulsory test for the candidates seeking admission in to graduate schools in abroad. But it is an opportunity to prove yourself as the best among all by showing your skills in your specific field of study. It depends completely upon the graduate school. Best graduate schools requires both the GRE General test and GRE subject test, while most of the schools requires only the GRE general test. Also the candidates avail some scholarship benefits from the universities or government like some scholarships from Universities of USA, scholarships from Universities of UK, etc.
GRE Subject Test consists of seven specific subjects :
- Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Literature in English
**Note : The GRE Computer Science Subject Test has been discontinued from April 2016.
GRE Subject Test Exam Pattern
- GRE Subject Test are paper based tests
- Questions in Tests will be from Seven Subject Areas
- Total Time : 2 Hours 50 Minutes
- Number of Questions varies with the subjects Mathematics (66), Biology (194), English(230), Psychology(205), Physics(100), Chemistry(130), Biochemistry(170)
- Conducted 3 times in a year at different GRE Paper Based Test Centres across worldwide.
- GRE Revised General Test
- GRE Sample Papers ( General Test )
- International Scholarship for Indian Students for pursuing Masters’ in Germany
- International Scholarship for Indian Students for Masters in Japan