The Institute for Banking personnel or IBPS has flourished the banking exam pattern in India. They are the best medium of the banks for recruitment process. First the candidates are evaluated through the exam. Then all the successful candidates are given a score card and this score card, important for one year. It must be must be produced by the candidate while applying to the most recent bank employment opportunities. The score card demonstrates that the candidate has experienced the IBPS exam and that they are qualified to endeavor the meeting. The last step that remaining parts is to direct the meeting and contract candidate/s focused around their particular necessities. IBPS SO is the examination conducted by IBPS institute for the recruitment of specialized officer in different banks.
Know about the type of general awareness questions asked
Q.1 Which of the following carries out ‘Open Market Operations?
(1) Finance Ministry
(2) External Affairs Ministry
(3) Planning Commission
(4) Ministry of Commerce
Q. 2 Who among the following Ministers will hold telecom portfolio in addition to his own
portfolio till next realallotment
(1) Kamal Nath (2) Kapil Sibal
(3) Mamta Banerjee (4) None of these
Q. 3 Under provisions of which one of the following Acts, the RBI issues directives to the Banks in India?
(1) RBI Act (2) Banking Regulation Act (3) Essential Commodities Act
(4) RBI and Banking Regulation Act (5) None of these
Q.4 On which one of the following ‘Head of Expenses’, the expenses of the Government of India are highest?
(1) Food subsidy (2) Fertilizer subsidy (3) Pradhan Mantri Gram SadakYojana
(4) Maintenance of national highways (5) Oil subsidy
Q.5 Which one of the following foreign agencies will assist the municipal agencies to improve
quality of municipal schools through its School Excellence Programmes (SEP) ?
(1) IMF (2) UNDP (3) UNICEF (4) ADB (5) None of these
Q. 6 Which one of the following tools is used by RBI for selective credit control?
(1) It advises banks to lend against certain commodities
(2) It advises banks to recall the loans for advances against certain commodities
(3) It advises banks to charge higher rate of interest for advance against certain commodities
(4) It discourages certain kinds of lending by assigning higher risk weights to loans it deems
(5) None of these
Q.7 For which one of the following Loan Products ‘teaser loans’ are offered by Banks?
(1) Education Loans (2) Commercial Loans (3) Loans against security of gold
(4) Retail Trade Loans (5) Home Loans ,
Q. 8 The Commonwealth Games 2010 were held in Delhi from October 3 to 14, 2010. Who
amongst the following picked up the Game’s first gold medal? ‘
(1) Augustina Nwaokolo (2) Ravinder Singh (3) Azhar Hussain (4) Carol Huynh (5) None of
Q.9 In which one of ihe following cities was the recent meet of G-20 Countries organised ?
(1) Tokyo (2) Seoul (3) London (4) Beijing (5) Singapore
Q.10 As per recent newspaper reports, which one of the following countries (among the given) has
highest literacy rate?
(1) India (2) Sri Lanka (3) China (4) Vietnam (5) Bangladesh