Introducation to IES
IES (Indian Engineering Services) the toughest and the most sought- after careers for the Engineering graduates in India. It comes under civil services which meet the managerial & technical requirement of the Government of India. Selection of IES Officers is totally on merit basis and is done by Union Government as per the recommendation of UPSC. Engineering Services Examination is a combined 4-stage competitive exam. According to the survey, ESE is appeared by around 2 lakhs candidates for 763 vacancies of Assistant Executive Engineer. IES has excellent career progression. Given below IES Syllabus.
IES are the common administrations that meet the specialized and managerial capacities of the Government of India. Like most nations, the Government of India enlists its thoughtful servants and authorities on the premise of legitimacy, the center administration positions in the organization are filled through focused exams. Huge number of hopefuls take these exams, seeking restricted posts. IES officers are chosen by the union government on the proposals made by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- First Stage
- Candidates have to appear General Ability Test (GA) which is of 200 marks and 2 hoursSecond Stage
- On second day candidates have to appear for Objective Technical papers (II & III). Each paper will have separate objective exam & each will be of 2 hours with max of 200 marks each.
- Second Stage
- On third day candidates have to appear for Conventional Technical Papers (IV & V). Each paper is of 200 marks and duration is 3 hours.
- Final Stage
- The final stage which carries 200 marks. This test is to judge the mental caliber of candidates that too by unbiased observers.
IES Preparation Tips
- Practice is the most important mantra for preparation of any exam. In ESE papers around 40 to 50% of questions will be of average standard that needs preparation. Remaining questions may be difficult that needs extreme preparation. Again 30 to 35% questions will be repeated (at least models). So one need to analyse previous year questions while preparing.
- It is recommended to prepare all the subjects of Objective papers. For Telecommunication students may be power electronics will be difficult but they need to prepare every topics at its best. If you cannot understand B.tech books than go for Diploma books and than go for standard books. Also practice old civil services preliminary exam papers for objective . Preparation of previous year ESE questions is a must.
- For Descriptive papers, one need to practice a lot. Choose 4 to 5 subjects which are important and carries more weightage and prepare them.
- Objective paper is more important than Descriptive paper as we can get 100% marks in objective where as we can expect only 70% marks in Conventional papers as they contain problems which is to be solved by calculator describing the procedure.
- For General Studies and General English you can follow year book and civil services chronicle , NCERT 9th and 10th standard books. For General English past 10 years questions are enough.
- You can go for some best coaching centres for guidance.
- IES Mechanical Syllabus :- Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest branch that application of this is extremely broad & diverse. Its scope has increased beyond its traditional boundaries. Mechanical Engineers must be good in physics, chemistry, mathematics, logical reasoning, problem solving. IES contains Engineers that work under Government of India in order to manage large segment of public sector economy. Here you can get the detail IES syllabus for Mechanical.
- IES Electrical Syllabus :- Electrical Engineers design, develop & maintain Electrical control systems focusing on economic, safety, quality. They have good opportunities in Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers. The officers will be maintaining the electrical Engineering organisation of the Indian Railways or the assets of the Electrical Department. Here you will get the detail IES Electrical syllabus with description.
- IES Civil Engineering Syllabus :- Civil Engineers basically deals with planning, constructing, maintaining , designing & operating Infrastructure. Civil Engineers appearing for ESE are selected for the following posts- Indian Railway Service of Engineers, Indian Railway Stores service, Central Engineering services, Military Engineer Service, Assistant Executive Engineer, Survey of India Service, Central Water Engineering. Here you can get the detail syllabus for IES Civil Engineering.
- IES Syllabus for Electronics & Communication :- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers have opportunities in the following departments as Grade 1 engineers- Central Power Engineering service, Indian Inspection Service Group, Junior Telecom officer in Indian Telecommunication service, Indian Telecommunication Service. Here one can get the detail IES syllabus for Electronics & Communication.
- General Ability Test Syllabus :-
For General ability test one must remain updated about current affairs. Read English Grammar of Wren and Martin. One should read Hindu Newspaper daily. Here you can get the detail syllabus of General ability with description.
To get regular updates regarding GATE UPSC BANK MEDICAL ENGINEERING add us on whatsapp group @ 09958444212
You may also to visit :-
Users can give their suggestions in comment box which will help us to improve our article