Importance of Training in Sales
The main function of the sales manager is to provide training to the sales people. Before making the sales employee know what the job is ,it is very important for the sales manager to learn the development and conduct of training programs for sales force. The sales manager should also know about the objectives of the training and how to define them to the sales force.
Objectives of the sale training
There are some of the main objectives that should be considered before conducting the training program, these objectives are as follows :
- Improving and enhancing the performance of the sales force
- To counter attack the challenges arising from the market
- To handle and understand the objections of the customers.
Challenges faced in the sales training
There are some challenges that are faced by the sales manger in conducting a training program, these challenges are as follows :
- Will the training program would solve the problem as desired ?
- Would the investment in the training program is justified by the performance?
- Will the training programme produce the desired result?
Role of the trainer
The ability, skills and motivation of the sales trainer helps in the successful implementation of the sales training program.
There are three main steps that need to be followed in designing an effective training program, these steps are as follows :
- Training need assessment
- Design and conduct of a training programme
- Evaluation of the training programme
In the first step of the training process there are some nneds of the training that need to be identified, which are :
- Identifying the problems
- Understanding the future orientation and problems
- Request from the management
- Interview of the personnel required for the job
- Appraisal for the performance
- Survey through questionnaire
- Survey of the attitude
- Checking of the interpersonal skills
Design of the training programme
Some important aspects in designing the sales programme are as follows :
- Location of the training programme where it need to be conducted
- Job instruction training
- Option for the presentations
Types of training
There are different types of training identified which are :
- Team training
- Cross functional training
- Literacy training
- Creativity training
Deciding for the sales training Programme
There are some important things that need to be enclosed in the training program, these are :
- The aim of the program
- The content that need to be demonstrated
- Knowledge about the training
- Proficiencies involved in it
- Location of the training
- Evaluating the training process