About Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)-
Indian Oil Corporation Limited also known as IOCL, is a state-owned oil and gas corporation with its headquarters in New Delhi, India. Indian Oil started its operations in 1959 as Indian Oil Company Ltd. The Indian Oil was formed in the year 1964, with the merger of Indian Refineries Ltd. Indian Oil has largest network of fuel stations in the country, nearly about 20,575 (16,350 regular ROs & 4,225 Kisan Seva Kendra). Indian Oil is the largest producer and marketeer of Oil’s product range covers petrol, diesel, LPG, aviation turbine fuel, lubricants, bitumen, paraffin, kerosene etc. It is the world’s 83rd largest public corporation, as per the Fortune Global 500 ranking. It is also the 18th largest petroleum company in the world and the No. 1 petroleum trading company the Asia-Pacific region. It was ranked at position 350 on the May 2013 Forbes Global 2000. It is the fifth most valued brand in India according to an annual survey conducted by Brand Finance and The Economic Times in 2013. It is one of the seven Maharatna status companies of India, apart from Coal India Limited, NTPC Limited, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, Steel Authority of India Limited, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited and Gas Authority of India Limited.
IOCL RECRUITMENT 2014-
Indian Oil Recruitment for the Graduate Engineers with Gate Score:
Indian Oil is looking for energetic and dedicated Graduate Engineers for the recruitment as Officers/ Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs) in the following engineering disciplines:
- Civil Engineering (excluding Construction/ Environmental/ Transportation Engineering)
- Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals Engineering)
- Computer Science & Information Technology ( excluding information & communications Technology)
- Electrical Engineering ( including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/ Telecommunication engineering)
- Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication engineering/Telecommunication engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering (excluding Production/ Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering)
- Metallurgical Engineering
IOCL Eligibility Criteria-
The eligibility Criteria of Indian Oil Corporation Limited is as follows-
Minimum educational qualification for the employment in the above mentioned positions are:
• Candidates must have awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology in the above mentioned disciplines (full time regular courses only) from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
• Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (non- creamy layer) categories, should have secured minimum 65% marks. It is relaxed to ‘pass’ for Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) /People With Disability (PWD) candidates.
• The candidates pursuing their graduation (BE/B.Tech) in combined disciplines like Mechatronics etc. will not be eligible for this post.
The Maximum of 26 years age limit is allowed as on 30th June, 2013 for the general category candidates. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directive.
Following concessions and reservations are available for the candidates of special categories in Recruitment Procedure-
- Reservation of posts for the SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ PWD (degree of disability 40% or above) will be maintained as per the Government of India rules.
- Age relaxation to OBC (non-creamy layer), SC/ST and the PWD candidates will be extended as per the Presidential rule.
- Creamy layer mark has been put to 6 lakhs as directed in 2013 by government of India notification for OBC.
For getting the Reservation benefits of IOCL, following criterion should be fulfilled:
- The name of the caste and the community of the candidate must appear in the ’Central list of other Backward Classes’.
- The candidates must not belong to the creamy layer.
- The candidates need to furnish their OBC certificate as per the format prescribed by Government of India and it must not be more than 6 months old.
- Age relaxation by 5 years for the candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989 is given.
- Age relaxation by 5 years for Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs / SSCOs) subject to rendering minimum of 5 years’ military service and fulfillment of other conditions prescribed by the Government of India. Minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination is relaxed to ‘pass class’ for SC/ST/PWD category.
IOCL SELECTION PROCESS-
The Selection procedure of IOCL includes-
• Group Discussion / Group Task
• Personal Interview for the assessment of different skill, attitude and aptitude.
This is all about the Educational Qualification, Selection procedure and Eligibility Criterion. Now let’s move on and find out the types of questions asked in the Technical round and HR round of the Indian Oil limited-
Technical Interview Questions-
- What do you know about Euro Crises ? Which was the first country affected by this ?
- What is the full form of LIBOR?
- What had happened to the Lehman brothers?
- How many earthquake zones are available in India at present?
- In which Indian zone does the Roorkee, Delhi and Mumbai lie?
- What is the resistance offered by the wind in a day?
HR Interview Questions-
- What is your name?
- What is your vision of your life?
- What is the mission of your life?
- Where do you see yourself after 2-3 years from now ?
- What are your hobbies ?
- What kind of a person are you ?
- Do you believe in the competition or in team work?
For the IOCL Placement Papers, click this link Indian Oil Placement Paper
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd,
Corporate Office, 3079/3,
J B Tito Marg, Sadiq Nagar,
New Delhi- 110049
Feel Free to give our suggestions and share your knowledge with us and thousands others in the comments below.