INTRODUCTION TO WEB APPLICATIONS
- It executes at client side and all the resources of page loads at client side.
- It executes at the server side at the central server.
- It generates dynamic Web pages containing various types of markup language like HTML,XML
- It implements the end point of Web service.
CATEGORIES OF WEB APPLICATIONS:-
The categories of web application based on use are
- Social networking websites. EX:- Twitter.
- Online calendars. EX:-Google calendar
- Chat sites. EX:- Meebo, Omgpop
- Online shopping websites. EX:- Ebay, Myntra
- Online telephone directories. EX:- Just Dial
- Online dictionaries and web mail services
- Internet search engines.
ADVANTAGES OF WEB APPLICATIONS:-
1. Requires no disk space
2. Reduce business costs
3. Centralized data is secure and easy to backup
4. Integrate easily with other server side grid procedure
5. Provides a cross platform compatibility
DISADVANTAGES OF WEB APPLICATIONS:-
1. Slower and runs over internet
2. Requires compatible web browsers
3. Lack of flexibility
4. Takes longer to develop as more complex
5. Depends on server delivering the application
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING Vs WEB ENGINEERING:-
– The basic difference is that the requirement of web projects is different from that of the software projects. Software projects have various models like Waterfall, Incremental, Spiral etc but there is no model for the Web application project as the requirements here are dynamic.
– Web applications are more complex than Software applications as to build such application we need to learn the basic HTML.
1) WHAT IS A WEB APPLICATION?
2) WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES OF WEB APPLICATIONS?
3) WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF WEB APPLICATIONS?
4) WHAT ARE THE DISADVANTAGES OF WEB APPLICATIONS?
5) WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AND WEB ENGINEERING?