Medical Optional strategy by UPSC topper
This is one of the optional subjects that medical science students alone will prefer. Tons and tons of students with Medicine background will certainly choose this subjects for several reasons. Read below and get to know about Medical Optional Strategy by UPSC toppers like Gopal Krishna, Nidhi Patel, Artika Shukla , Shrikrishnanath B Panchal, Vipin Garg, Vinay Goyal and more. Reports show that nearly 200-300 IAS aspirants would opt for Medical Science optional every year. Students who have a proper medicine domains like MBBS and others can easily clear Medical Optional. All you have to do is, go through the MBBS syllabus for one more time and there you go!!!
You are all set to write the Medical Optional in UPSC Mains without any hindrance.But wait.. Here are some medical science optional strategy by UPSC toppers which will help you out for a better performance.
Advantages of choosing Medical Science optional subject
- Preparing for this optional is more like revising the topics you learnt during graduation and it will not take much of your time.
- One of the biggest advantages is that the syllabus remains static. Most of the questions in UPSC Mains are abstract and straight.
- If you tag along with a suitable plan and tasks concisely, scoring is not at all tough. The standards and difficulty level of UPSC Medical science optional subject is slightly under MBBS.
- Other branches of medicine like BDS or BAMS students can also take up this optional.
- Unlike other optional subjects, you don’t have to memorize or provide theorems and definitions interpret.
Shortcomings in choosing Medical Science optional
- A vast syllabus makes preparations quite tough
- No overlapping of topics from General studies papers.
- It is required to have a keen interest to prepare for this exam and if you don’t have that, concentrating and completing the syllabus.
Tips and Tricks of Medical Science optional strategy followed by UPSC toppers are given below.
- Diagrams play a very essential role in this subject and ensure you draw it neatly for relevant questions and label it as well.
- Try to concentrate more on diagrams which will gain more marks than the writing part.
- Presenting your paper has a big part in getting marks and write precisely without any confusions.
- When preparing for Paper II, you should know about the recent happenings in the medical industry.
- Case studies covers most section of Paper II and for the preparation, make use of the Post graduates books .
- Acquire assistance from students who are currently practicing medicine
- Forensic medicine will comprise of sections like murder, abuse, suicide and more. It is suggested to choose questions in which you are more clear than topics without any ideas.
Medical science optional strategy for Paper I
Here we have listed the books which will lend hand during the preparations.
- Human Anatomy – Anatomy by BD Chaurasia, Inderbir Sing’s Human Embryology
- Human Physiology – Ganong’s Review of Medical Physiology
- Biochemistry- Biochemistry by U Satyanarayana.
- Pathology – Textbook of Pathology by Harsh Mohan or Pathological Basis of Disease by Robbins and Cotran.
- Microbiology – Textbook of Microbiology by DR Arora.
- Pharmacology – Essentials of Medical Pharmacology by KD Tripathi or Lippincott’s Illustrated Reviews
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology – The Essentials Of Forensic Medicine And Toxicology by KS Narayan Reddy.
Paper II Strategy
- Pediatrics -Essential Pediatrics by OP Ghai.
- Dermatology – The book on skin by Uday Khopkar
- General Surgery – Manipal’s Manual of Surgery is sufficient
- Obstetrics and Gynecology including Family Planning – Text Book of Obstetrics by DC Dutta and Shaw’s Textbook of Gynecology.
Get ready to crack the UPSC Mains by preparing with high-confidence and sincerity. Best of luck for the exam. You can go through other articles that is related to your search.
- Best IAS Coaching in Hyderabad.
- Best IAS Coaching in Delhi.
- Top IAS Coaching in Mumbai.
- Best IAS coaching in Chandigarh
- IAS Coaching in Bangalore.
- Best IAS Coaching in Kolkata.
- Best IAS Coaching in Chennai.
IAS Notes UPSC Toppers group