Are you planning to study masters in Germany? Don’t you have idea about colleges or universities that you should choose for MS in Germany?
Getting master’s degree from foreign universities can give the students an edge over the others in the job market as most institutions offer world-class education that is recognized all around the world. One of the popular destinations opted by the students to pursue their higher studies is, Germany. Germany offers master’s degree to students of two years duration (4 semesters) that is categorized into;
- Consecutive Master’s Degree
It is designed to enhance the academic knowledge gained by the students during their related bachelor’s degree.
- Non-consecutive Master’s Degree
It focuses on professional development of the students, so the applicants have work experience along with their related bachelor’s degree.
Requirements for Getting Admission
As the courses in the universities are taught in German, the students applying form other countries need to submit the proof of proficiency in German. The tests available for the purpose are;
- DSH (Deutsche Sprachprüfungfür den Hochschulzugang): The German language examination for university entrance. It is offered by universities in Germany.
- TestDaF: Test of German as Foreign Language. Students can take the test across various centers as it is available in 90 countries.
Depending on the university the students apply, they can take one of the tests mentioned above. The main requirement to get admission in Germany is to have higher education entrance qualifications (hochschulzugangsberechtigung or HZB), students need to have at least an undergraduate degree from an accepted university from their respective countries. Germany accepts the undergraduate degree from different countries as HZB. Students can apply for summer or winter semesters depending on their convenience.
Students who want to study MS here they have to prepare for entrance exams. These tests have their purpose and importance. Acceptance of these exams depend on colleges/universities and their programs. These colleges may have language proficiency requirement so you have to pass language tests first. There are some entrance exams that you have to take to get admission in top universities and colleges in Germany include:
Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH): This exam in taken in Germany to check the proficiency in German language.
Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF): This is also to check German language proficiency and this is similar to IELTS and TOEFL.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT): If you want to get admission in management courses, you have to qualify this exam.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE): Many business schools accept only GRE qualified students. If you want to pursue engineering in Germany, then getting admission in top universities depend on your GRE score.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) are the common tests that you have to qualify to prove proficiency in English language.
Top Universities/Colleges in Germany:
- MSc in Data Engineering: IELTS & TOEFL, Annual fee 22 Lakh, Scholarship facility available
- MA in Smart City Design and Urban Services Management: IELTS & TOEFL, Annual fee 10 Lakh, Scholarship facility not available
- Master of Science in Automotive Systems: Public University, IELTS & TOEFL, scholarship is available.
- Overseas Admission Counseling by Shiksha: IELTS & TOEFL, Public University, 1.3 lakh annual fee